Sonyphoneuser Security Config

O

Omnipotent

Interesting, thanks for sharing this configuration. I recommend using either AdGuard or uBlock Origin as your adblock as both of these have lots of lists to choose from that prevent tracking, malvertising etc. I'm personally using AdGuard here are the filters i am currently using:

- English FIlter
- Spyware FIlter
- Annoyances Filter
- Social Media Filter
- Adblock Warning Removal List
- Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek
- Prebake
- Spam404

Some extensions you should use: HTTPS Everywhere & WOT.
Optional: ZenMate VPN, Click & Clean & OneTab.

Reactions: DardiM

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider some on demand scanners besides KRD
Consider some type of data backup
What are you using for system backups?
Consider adding uBlock Origin or Adguard
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Sonyphoneuser

Thread author
Jul 16, 2016
Great config have you followed this guide for Avast? How to setup Avast Internet Security 2016 for Maximum Protection (Guide) I highly recommend you do. No need to add anything else. :)
Im on custom settings Not as the ones linked but they never failed me

Consider some on demand scanners besides KRD
Consider some type of data backup
What are you using for system backups?
Consider adding uBlock Origin or Adguard
Thanks for sharing your config :)

I may add some more Scanners when possible. Data Backup is done with OneDrive. Explorer to an external disconnected drive plus from time to time a System Image to the hdd with Windows built in Tool for that

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you using Avast Internet Security?

Make sure your information is accurate, you can edit your thread fields using the Thread Tools at the top.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Which version of AVAST? Kaspersky Rescue Disk is a useful tool, but consider one more on-demand scanner (Zemana, Emsisoft, Crystal Security). Thank you for sharing your config. :)

Edit: What's "malware yes", for some reason I read that as Malwarebytes.
As Noxx said, what is Malware Yes?

And then, install an adblcoker such as uBlock Origin.

Install other security extensions: HTTPS Everywhere, Disconnect.

Install SandBoxie and use it while browsing to have more protection: Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie

I also recommend you to install Macrium Reflect Free to have a better backup solution, which, in the latest version has also improvements about the Windows PE rescue environment. And please follow the suggestions about the on-demand scanners.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good configuration, well Kaspersky Rescue Disk is fine but better place it somewhere since that will design for sophistiscated infections that leads to unbootable scenarios.

Follow the suggestions to have on-demand scanners.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Count me in, I am eager to know what Malware Yes is. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.