D

Deleted member 2913

Windows Defender only have file protection, but it doesn't have web protection like other 3 you mentioned.
Well Microsoft provides Internet Security Suite with Windows Firewall + Windows Defender + Desktop Smart Screen & Internet Explorer Smart Screen + UAC.

Reactions: Rishi

Pat MacKnife

Level 7
Verified
No there is no quarantine, i think there is no need, you can add files, website's, applications to exceptions...
this is actualy no problem for me , its very simple to use. i think i will stay with Sophos

Why would you want to restore malware ? hehe

D

Deleted member 2913

No there is no quarantine, i think there is no need, you can add files, website's, applications to exceptions...
this is actualy no problem for me , its very simple to use. i think i will stay with Sophos

Why would you want to restore malware ? hehe
You are talking manual exclusion.

I meant on detection Sophos deletes the items so no way restoring in case of FPs?

Pat MacKnife

Level 7
Verified
There are No FP's , either it detects malware or its detected as a PUP, when it is a pup you have the option to allow it or remove it.
It only deletes Malware.

On what files are you affraid off being deleted ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

There are No FP's , either it detects malware or its detected as a PUP, when it is a pup you have the option to allow it or remove it.

On what files are you affraid off being deleted ?
No product is FP proof. And you never know when an imp file detected as malware or bad signs in the database/cloud, etc...& poof things deleted.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Pat MacKnife

Level 7
Verified
I don't think It will delete an imp file, only when its infected with malware, but i suggest you try it out and see what it deletes for you :)

D

Deleted member 2913

I don't think It will delete an imp file, only when its infected with malware, but i suggest you try it out and see what it deletes for you :)
I tried it on my Windows 10 64. It affects the things a little like program response & overall.