Sophos Home AV Free Beta

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Windows Defender only have file protection, but it doesn't have web protection like other 3 you mentioned.
Well Microsoft provides Internet Security Suite with Windows Firewall + Windows Defender + Desktop Smart Screen & Internet Explorer Smart Screen + UAC.

Reactions: Rishi

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
No there is no quarantine, i think there is no need, you can add files, website's, applications to exceptions...
this is actualy no problem for me , its very simple to use. i think i will stay with Sophos

Why would you want to restore malware ? hehe

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
No there is no quarantine, i think there is no need, you can add files, website's, applications to exceptions...
this is actualy no problem for me , its very simple to use. i think i will stay with Sophos

Why would you want to restore malware ? hehe
You are talking manual exclusion.

I meant on detection Sophos deletes the items so no way restoring in case of FPs?

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
There are No FP's , either it detects malware or its detected as a PUP, when it is a pup you have the option to allow it or remove it.
It only deletes Malware.

On what files are you affraid off being deleted ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
There are No FP's , either it detects malware or its detected as a PUP, when it is a pup you have the option to allow it or remove it.

On what files are you affraid off being deleted ?
No product is FP proof. And you never know when an imp file detected as malware or bad signs in the database/cloud, etc...& poof things deleted.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
I don't think It will delete an imp file, only when its infected with malware, but i suggest you try it out and see what it deletes for you :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I don't think It will delete an imp file, only when its infected with malware, but i suggest you try it out and see what it deletes for you :)
I tried it on my Win 10 64. It affects the things a little like program response & overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.