Janl1992l

Level 13
Verified
Video review :) is way better than the comparison on Sophos website :eek:, something is missing ;)

View attachment 149350

P.S. not native English speaking, but should not 'Comparisons' be 'comparison'' ?
"Block unwanted websites" there shows avast and avg does it not. Uhm, Avast does block websites and have web protection in the free version. I dont know about avg. So that comparsion is false.

Edit: i think they mean parent control, my bad. I should read and think twice before write anything useless, sorry. :D

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
I'm not questioning this, although the results of Sophos Home in the Malware testing section is supbar at best at the moment.

that would make sense if HMPA wouldn't be having a Beta that has all the new fancy features :D
No, think about it, they own HMPA and have already integrated most of it into Sophos home ;)
It may be already on the way out the door as a stand alone.
If users dont show enough interest in the "new" version of HMPA it may get folded up.
Lets watch and see, but I suspect i am not far off the mark ;)

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Would make sense to include HitManPro and HMP.Alert into a paid premium Sophos product for consumer market.

Possibly HMP will always remain available as a post-intrusion cleaner and malware collector for Sophos.

People applying a layered (best of) approach with different products tend to be more tech savvy, so maybe HMP.Alert will remain available as stand alone beta like MalwareBytes has done with their Anti-Exploit module.

Reactions: WPMan Pro