Sophos Home Premium (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Finally. Waited so long and i knowed one time they will release it for home users. I will test it as fast as i can in my vm and lets see how it works against all forms of malware :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Very nice looking UI in my opinion ;)
Sophos1.png

More to come.....

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
i used this software full of design flaws, sophos is for corporate and business, not for home use, it is full of user experience problems and detection and features are not that good too.
Lets see what they are doing. :) Its the first beta for the premium version. But with "features are not good" i must completly disagree. It has now fully hitmanpro alert build in and thats something no other vendor has. They will do great against ransomware and fileless malware for sure. :) Lets see what the future will bring. Sophos, for once, is a great security vendor and they realy know what they are doing.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I installed to give it a try. Seems light to me, using 50mb in backround processes and about 300mb during a scan. All seems well except it's asking me to uninstall webroot, I have never had webroot on this pc lol. Will post if anything of note happens.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Yeah, the registration page of the free version has a header having an option to register for the Beta version.
So the free version should be existing unless they decide to scrap it.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
From yesterday, I'm facing this issue when typing in Cent browser (Chromium). It won't record any keystrokes on any website text areas or in the address bar.
However, things work well in Edge. The only difference being that Sophos performs 'Keystroke Encryption' for Chromium based browsers in addition to 'Safe browsing' and 'Exploit mitigation' while Edge has only the latter two.

Screenshot (198).png

Screenshot (199).png

Only a system restart helps!

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
@Parsh yes I noticed that as well . and here in firefox it's another story

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    92.6 KB · Views: 571
Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
XD o_Oo_O ... LOL check this out , I couldn't register with my real name -_-
View attachment 149355
Its terrible, restricting access based on one's First and the Last name! What in the world made them follow those Deny lists by some such Department..?

@Parsh yes I noticed that as well . and here in firefox it's another story
Alright, it takes time haha! I do not know if HMPA users had this problem too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.