Attachments

XhenEd

Level 27
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Won't it be weird if they use competitors' engines because of HMP's capability? :D

But maybe, they will remove the other engines, and just use HMP's in-house engine. :)

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
I was waiting for this. It looks very interesting! Finally they added their anti ransomware components into the home product. The only thing is that it won't be free anymore, although you can get one year free, but I assume it will be like panda, a free and a premium variant. If it is that good as they advertise it, it might be a new interesting player in the current av market. I'll probably test it later today to see if it's real what they say.

Arequire

Level 21
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Seriously? They still haven't added it? I'll still give it a download just to take a look at it but that rules out me actually using it beyond the initial install.
If it is that good as they advertise it, it might be a new interesting player in the current av market.
Hopefully it shows up in a video review or in the Malware Hub. I'd like to see how effective it is now that all HMP's tech is integrated.

rockstarrocks

Level 16
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Seriously? They still haven't added it? I'll still give it a download just to take a look at it but that rules out me actually using it beyond the initial install.
Exactly, this thing baffles me, that in 2017 they are releasing a product without quarantine feature (even after users demanding for quarantine feature for a long time).

Sunshine-boy

Level 27
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Exactly, this thing baffles me, that in 2017 they are releasing a product without quarantine feature (even after users demanding for quarantine feature for a long time).
But a good thing with Sophos is u can't see any fps:D at least I didn't see
never flagged a safe program as malware

rockstarrocks

Level 16
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
But a good thing with Sophos is u can't see any fps:D at least I didn't see
never flagged a safe program as malware
It's a good thing that they are maintaining stringent quality standards(like other good AV companies do), but it's always good to have a failsafe, for just in case.

Parsh

Level 24
AV-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Thanks for sharing. It's good they've integrated HMP.A into their home AV.
I just hope the memory usage isn't too high.
Of course it fluctuates much, but overall it didn't feel heavy (screenshots from MH testing time).
Screenshot (185).png Screenshot (186).png
Many processes, but considerably light usages. Check out the HMPA processes too.

Won't it be weird if they use competitors' engines because of HMP's capability? :D
But maybe, they will remove the other engines, and just use HMP's in-house engine. :)
They aren't using the BD and Kasp engines (from HMP) if that was your concern.
HMPAlert is integrated and works as a separate process, than the many Sophos processes. Have a look at the above pictures :)