XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Won't it be weird if they use competitors' engines because of HMP's capability? :D

But maybe, they will remove the other engines, and just use HMP's in-house engine. :)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I was waiting for this. It looks very interesting! Finally they added their anti ransomware components into the home product. The only thing is that it won't be free anymore, although you can get one year free, but I assume it will be like panda, a free and a premium variant. If it is that good as they advertise it, it might be a new interesting player in the current av market. I'll probably test it later today to see if it's real what they say.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Seriously? They still haven't added it? I'll still give it a download just to take a look at it but that rules out me actually using it beyond the initial install.
If it is that good as they advertise it, it might be a new interesting player in the current av market.
Hopefully it shows up in a video review or in the Malware Hub. I'd like to see how effective it is now that all HMP's tech is integrated.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Seriously? They still haven't added it? I'll still give it a download just to take a look at it but that rules out me actually using it beyond the initial install.
Exactly, this thing baffles me, that in 2017 they are releasing a product without quarantine feature (even after users demanding for quarantine feature for a long time).

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for sharing. It's good they've integrated HMP.A into their home AV.
I just hope the memory usage isn't too high.
Of course it fluctuates much, but overall it didn't feel heavy (screenshots from MH testing time).
Screenshot (185).png Screenshot (186).png
Many processes, but considerably light usages. Check out the HMPA processes too.

Won't it be weird if they use competitors' engines because of HMP's capability? :D
But maybe, they will remove the other engines, and just use HMP's in-house engine. :)
They aren't using the BD and Kasp engines (from HMP) if that was your concern.
HMPAlert is integrated and works as a separate process, than the many Sophos processes. Have a look at the above pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.