Sophos Home Premium Released

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
It's easy enough to set one up (there's plenty of tutorials on Youtube). Just make sure you create an ISO of whichever OS you're going to be using and have a licence key on-hand so you can install said OS on the VM.
I don't have a powerful machine, my machine is very underpowered but good for day-to-day use. I need Shadow Defender to do a test in my real system :)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I don't have a powerful machine, my machine is very underpowered but good for day-to-day use. I need Shadow Defender to do a test in my real system :)
Braver man than I. I wouldn't use Shadow Defender unless I had a spare PC lying around with absolutely nothing besides a fresh install of Windows on it.

Reactions: russ0408 and Syafiq

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
When Sophos was in the beta stage, people were complaining that it is very heavy on the system.
How is it now?
I too got a free 1 year license for trying to participate in the beta program, but I have not used it. In reality, I was not even able to install the beta successfully on my PC, and their support was totally non-existent.

Reactions: Syafiq

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
in other tests by Parsh, sophos premium (+HMPA module) were smashed by malwares and files were encrypted in several tests -> that sucks

@Evjl's Rain, any url/s? I'm curious.

They've really upped their game with this! We tested it in the lab today.

1) Sophos 'traditional' slowdowns appear to be gone. Even web browsing was snappy.
2) Integration with (some) aspects of HitmanproAlert, while fixing many of the problems HMPA was well done.
3) Extensive beta program appears to have paid off.

So far so good in testing. This is a strong, albeit not highly configurable offering.

Sounds nice and with a price of 50% ( around 27 bucks ) for 10 devices, even better. Sad it seems as a fixed offer.

On Sale! - Sophos Home Premium 50% OFF

Last edited:

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Me too, at the begining of this year i tryed with a Beta license,, but in my results about sophos test experience it was tolerable to regular, I mean "no crash BS0D & medium temperature"; except that the interface was not very friendly nor customizable but it wasn't a serious problem either, I did not see adittional options for polishing to harden like eset, I like to look and touch on lowlevel. Each antivirus has good things that the other doesn't have included, for example: advanced mitigation modules from Surfright HMPA included within. Eset in their own dreams will have that. bravo! congrats. Back to the topic Another problem in sophos home premium where the resources, but it was not time to cry for the heavy loads, but i coming from using Eset Antivirus, I could not continue with the test. A Heavyweight antivirus is the first cause of why I have not chosen several popular suites, instead of getting along with the hostman, they just try to do sabotage on main resources. There is a phrase convened in several forums, the antivirus can be the malware on your system due that.. tested on TravelMate P243-M Notebook Core I3 2.40 GHz Ivy Bridge, 4GBRam Kingston 1333mhz HDDsata 5400rpm and windows 10 Pro fall creators.

Reactions: Syafiq and shmu26

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.