Advice Request Sophos Home Premium?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
After several weeks of daily long use I've had to regretably uninstall SHP from my main laptop, an i7 with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD and Windows 10 because it does notably slow down general use. Even bringing up the task manager takes 7-8 seconds compared to <2 seconds when just running WD. Browsing is also "stickier". I like the high security offered by SHP, especially HitmanPro / Intercept X, but performance needs to improve significantly. It's also slowing down the other PCs. There's no way a year old laptop with this spec should be sluggish running SHP. It's a pity.
https://malwaretips.com/threads/mixed-threats-26-25-07-2018.85476/#post-751860

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
You'll have to use VS since Sophos by default uses WF, at least in Sophos Free when I used it. I tried it with CF and Windows let me know about it. I used Tinywall when I used the Free version. Most excellent web blocker though. - that's why i was torn switching to CF + WD.

A new Firewall will be implemented in SHP as Sophos support agent told me. There no ETA anyway.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Wait, what? A Firewall? When AV companies start to ditch their own made Firewalls to just use Windows Firewall, Sophos Home goes backwards? This better be good.

When I asked Sophos support if SHP alone is sufficient when it comes to internet attacks, the support agent suggested using a third-party firewall. Not Comodo’s of course because this combo will cause issue. At the end he said that there’s a plan to integrate a firewall but there’s no estimated time

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

When I asked Sophos support if SHP alone is sufficient when it comes to internet attacks, the support agent suggested using a third-party firewall. Not Comodo’s of course because this combo will cause issue. At the end he said that there’s a plan to integrate a firewall but there’s no estimated time
What was the agents name who said that? Matt? Because Kevin just told he doesn't have any informantion about implementing Firewall into SHP. Maurice and Matt usually knows more, but for concrete answers or plans I usually directly ask dev of Sophos Home, Aditya.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
What was the agents name who said that? Matt? Because Kevin just told he doesn't have any informantion about implementing Firewall into SHP. Maurice and Matt usually knows more, but for concrete answers or plans I usually directly ask dev of Sophos Home, Aditya.

It was Kevin.
I asked: "Aren't there any plans to implement a firewall in SHP?"
Kevin: "Yes, I believe so, but I don't know how long before that happens"

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.