Sorry to be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton

Thread author
Sep 11, 2012
Hi All,

Only "sorry" because of how I found your site and the reason I am here. As you might have guessed I am infected. Yes, stand back; it may be contagious.

I am receiving coaching from one of your members and he mentioned his computer was down with Live Security Platinum couple of weeks back. Naturally, I asked him how he removed it because that is what my computer has. He told me about this site. So, here I am.

I will be posting a bit later today asking for "the fix". I hope someone will be able to assist me.

Other than that, it is nice to be here.

Carlton

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Hello welcome to MalwareTips :welcomewave:
For your Live Security Platinum problem go to the Malware Removal Assistance Forum and get help from Jack.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Don't be sorry, welcome to MalwareTips Carlton. :) Enjoy your stay.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
You can check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0LRDdp1XQ&feature=related
after following the steps in the video, you still need to post your problem in the Malware Removal Assistance forum for the removal of infected files fully!!

Carlton

Thread author
Sep 11, 2012
madyrocksin said:
You can check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0LRDdp1XQ&feature=related
after following the steps in the video, you still need to post your problem in the Malware Removal Assistance forum for the removal of infected files fully!!

Watched video; excellent!! Really liked his easy to understand style and approach. Simple even for someone that doesn't understand most of this techy stuff, like me. Thanks for the tip.

FYI, I was actually able to remove the rogue by running system restore in safe mode. Probably I should say that I was able to restore my machine to functioning condition. I doubt that it is completely removed from my machine. I am going proceed with the video instructions as if it is still on my machine. I don't think that could hurt.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
oh good for you that your system restore worked in that case, generally it wouldn't have !!
yes you can follow the video but the process killing part shouldn't be relevant for you becoz live security premium is not running on your computer, i would suggest you to do a full scan with a good antivirus or post your problem with the actions you have taken in Malware Removal Assistance Forum and proceed accordingly :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Welcome Carlton!
I hope you'll be an active member of this community! :drinks:

P

Plexx

Welcome to the forums where there's nothing there is nothing knowledge (and some crazy users) :)

Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.