Advanced Security Soulbound ArcoLinux (Arch based Linux) Configuration

Last updated
Jun 22, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Linux
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Latest Linux-Hardened Kernel (with Linux-LTS and Linux Kernel as fall back options)
Device firewall
Built-in Firewall for Mac/Linux
Custom security settings
Additional ArcoLinux tools included
Periodic malware scanners
N/A
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome with uBlock and Steven Black's Hosts imported
Password and passkey manager
KeepassXC
File and photo backups
External drives
System recovery
Manual Backup
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Gaming
Computer specs
i7 processor 10th Generation
Intel Graphics Onboard
SSD
Feedback preference

Showcase only - no advice requested

Soulbound

Level 29
Verified
Well-known
On work laptop aside I mainly use ArcoLinux (Arch Based Linux distribution) with custom tools, custom repos, Linux Hardened Kernel (with Linux and Linux LTS Kernels as fall back).
Base system is XFCE (stock DE install) but I use Awesome Window Manager and also at times QTile. Both heavily configured.
paccache hook added also to pacman hooks to save me some headaches each time I update/upgrade the system.

Occasionally I will game on the system but its mainly for work purposes.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top