Advice Request Spam blocker?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Normal, and though I mark them as spam keep returning, even blocked them,there has been signs of improvement but some are still coming that why seeking advice thanks
Then it's a bit different case, but Yahoo themself got a few good pointers with hints/tips that you should try if you haven't already. In worst case you might need to try contact their support.

A quick and easy test just in case the address was leaked.

Normally major companies like Yahoo, Google, Microsoft etc has great spam filters that constant gets updated and they been improved over the years, but in this case the filters don't work as they should and automatic re-direct the spam to the spam folder. I understand the annoyance, but it's not 100% for sure a 3rd party tool free or paid would actually help. It exist too many.

Personal I would try to solve this at the source instead ( Yahoo ), but also create another email elsewhere and for a few weeks or a bit longer, stop using the Yahoo address you now have issues with. The important contacts/mails you perhaps get now, simply make sure they end up in the new email instead either with a filter or register/send them the new email. Later you can easy clean up your normal old inbox and also see if the spam calmed down.

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Are you subscribed to the Pro version? If yes, you can make use of Disposable Emails feature which allows you to create up to 500 disposable emails.

Report Spam to Yahoo and when you finish, create a disposable email for each service that you use.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hmm, let's see. Just for curiosity's sake, I went ahead and created a Yahoo email acct. just now--to see what spam is gonna happen. This acct. is not going to be used for anything meaningful as my prev. Yahoo acct. was taken in that global hack job some years ago.

And yes, I agree w/ Scirious: gmail has some excellent spam filters. Not always 100% but they're very effective. (y)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
No spam in the Yahoo acct. yet--but I didn't expect any since this acct. is dormant.

This has happened to me also in the past--where somehow my email is sold to a spam bot. It usually runs its course, after a while. Naturally, clicking on any of these will trigger more.

Has it died down somewhat? @Dave Russo

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I've used PopPeeper Plus for years and have never had an issue with spam. I recommend it very highly. True, it takes time to configure and train. But anything that uses Bayesian does. PopPeeper use white/black lists, DNS lists, Bayesian and custom rules.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 132920.jpg

Reactions: plat and harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.