Spam Mail Through VM?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Malware will not go onto your main computer. You will get notifications as you are sharing the same network as the virtual machine as it's using your IP settings that your host is using. As for spam, you wouldn't really get any unless you have entered your email address where it asks to stay updated with the latest news from the vendor. Have you ever played with malware before now? You can download the malware samples and it will not infect your host. I've never heard of this happening in the whole 8 years of playing wit virtualisation.

rigor

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2016
PS: Never use Yahoo!

I have to agree. I currently use 4 different email providers:

Protonmail
Gmail
Yahoo
Outlook/Hotmail

I get NO spam at all on my gmail and protonmail accounts but I pretty much only get spam on my yahoo and hotmail address.

Must be something regarding how good the spam protection is.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I have to agree. I currently use 4 different email providers:

Protonmail
Gmail
Yahoo
Outlook/Hotmail

I get NO spam at all on my gmail and protonmail accounts but I pretty much only get spam on my yahoo and hotmail address.

Must be something regarding how good the spam protection is.
When using a free Yahoo account, advertising is enable => they send themselves some adverts.

Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think spam mails issue may not link directly on your VM test but rather your information has already been circulated when we register through numerous registration page.

However for safety purposes always use fake generator ID if you want to examine some phishing attacks.

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
with prontomail i have a problem, when i send a mail to my prontomail account, it does not deliver... i tried from both gmail and hotmail.
It just says failed, have you guys had any problem with it?

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.