SparkCognition DeepArmor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Pricing no longer on DA website. At least I caught a glimpse of it.

Even if it's priced at US99 per year it's still way too expensive as compared to CylancePROTECT

The price I saw was $99 Per month!

However even if it is priced at $99 per year, where CylanceProtect is $60 a year for a single user license it still maybe worth it if you have some kind of admin privileges over the app.

With CylanceProtect I have zero control, I can't change policies, I can't even white list or wave files that are false positives, an extra $39 would be worth it to have some admin access over the software.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

or from cyberforce.
I recall 1 falsepositive with cylanceProtect over the past 6 mos, and even that one was perhaps expected. I used deeparmor 36 beta for a few months several months ago, back then it just seemed slow and heavy, and IIRC had more falsepositives than I've had with cylance.

The price I saw was $99 Per month!

However even if it is priced at $99 per year, where CylanceProtect is $60 a year for a single user license it still maybe worth it if you have some kind of admin privileges over the app.

With CylanceProtect I have zero control, I can't change policies, I can't even white list or wave files that are false positives, an extra $39 would be worth it to have some admin access over the software.

I'm no fan of CYLANCE, but I will say this...

CYLANCE is designed the way it is precisely because the 99% = Average Joe, doesn't know what he\she is doing. Therefore CYLANCE does the right thing and locks them out. CYLANCE doesn't care about security soft geeks wanting control. Ask them.

In CYLANCE's mind, a false positive involving a game process is a minor inconvenience, but to everybody else it is the end of the world.

With CYLANCE I saw quite a bit of false positives in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 but honestly I didn't see that cause any issues.

I haven't tried the latest CYLANCEProtect, but there was supposed to be some form of file submission for false positives or limited control in the web portal.

As far as pricing, it wouldn't matter if the price was set at $39 per year because people would still complain that price is too high. The vast majority of people want to pay $0 per year.

Last edited by a moderator:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

CYLANCE is designed the way it is precisely because the 99% = Average Joe, doesn't know what he\she is doing. Therefore CYLANCE does the right thing and locks them out. CYLANCE doesn't care about security soft geeks wanting control. Ask them.

In CYLANCE's mind, a false positive involving a game process is a minor inconvenience, but to everybody else it is the end of the world.

With CYLANCE I saw quite a bit of false positives in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 but honestly I didn't see that cause any issues.

I haven't tried the latest CYLANCEProtect, but there was supposed to be some form of file submission for false positives or limited control in the web portal.

As far as pricing, it wouldn't matter if the price was set at $39 per year because people would still complain that price is too high. The vast majority of people want to pay $0 per year.
Have you tried out DA and made a comparison?

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
The biggest lie ever told is that enterprise security is superior to home security. It takes far more effort, resources and machine learning/training to make a viable home product that doesn't flag everything new. Like someone here already said, the moment you throw complex software like video games at these "amazing" enterprise solutions, they fall apart. Will never understand why companies don't just go with buying volume licenses of well known security solutions (Kaspersky, Norton, etc) instead of these wannabe "next-gen" solutions. All they do is reinvent the wheel spending more money on marketing than making a competitive product because they know they can't catch up. Not sure why Lockdown always has to rant about "average Joe's". Cylance is CRAP if you're an average Joe or an admin.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Will never understand why companies don't just go with buying volume licenses of well known security solutions (Kaspersky, Norton, etc) instead of these wannabe "next-gen" solutions.
Well known, rich and big hospital in my country still uses Win XP with Avast Business as a server to store pacients data on it. If that particular PC goes out, its done, and same for other 100+ PC's connected to it. Even Cylance or DeepArmor won't help, it's just ignorance that nothing bad will happen. Cherry on pie is that they don't do backups/store information elsewhere. :X3:

The biggest lie ever told is that enterprise security is superior to home security. It takes far more effort, resources and machine learning/training to make a viable home product that doesn't flag everything new. Like someone here already said, the moment you throw complex software like video games at these "amazing" enterprise solutions, they fall apart. Will never understand why companies don't just go with buying volume licenses of well known security solutions (Kaspersky, Norton, etc) instead of these wannabe "next-gen" solutions. All they do is reinvent the wheel spending more money on marketing than making a competitive product because they know they can't catch up. Not sure why Lockdown always has to rant about "average Joe's". Cylance is CRAP if you're an average Joe or an admin.

Because it is Average Joes make up the vast majority of the market. Security soft geeks represent a tiny fraction of it.

The point of view that is spread here on these forums comprises a tiny fraction of the actual opinion of the majority out there. In other words, the point of view expressed here is not representative of the majority. Out there nobody wants to hear what security soft geeks have to say.

In any case, the 99% don't know what they're doing so they are better served by being locked out. Actually, they are better served by Chromebook.

D

Deleted member 178

Security soft geeks represent a tiny fraction of it.
Exactly,

The point of view that is spread here on these forums comprises a tiny fraction of the actual opinion of the majority out there. In other words, the point of view expressed here is not representative of the majority. Out there nobody wants to hear what security soft geeks have to say.
Exact again, ask yourself, why do you never see reps of big vendors promoting their softs on forums/sites like here?

"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Reactions: harlan4096

SparkCognition

Mar 7, 2018
Hello All,

This is Mitch Harrison from SparkCognition's DeepArmor team.

First off, thank you all for your interest in DeepArmor. I came from companies using every major AV out there, and when I had the opportunity to take a look at DeepArmor, I was very impressed. It truly is a light-weight, definition-less, low maintenance anti-malware solution.

I'm reaching out to you all to clear some things up about our product. There has been some confusion around our pricing and other areas, which we are sensitive to and want to be responsive in addressing.

The pricing that was shown the other day was from an old template for the website that was accidentally uploaded when the website was being refreshed. It has no real-world value at all, and the numbers were just there to fill the field. While I can't currently share the costs, I can say with certainty they will be competitive.

Our upcoming release will include an offline model, document and PDF scanning, and a completely user friendly management console with many Enterprise level features that have been requested. It averages less than 5% CPU load and less that 75mb of RAM. I run it on my home gaming PC and forget it's there, and I personally have not had an anti-malware program running on it for over 5 years.

The only thing that the current version of DeepArmor still uses from the Beta product is the basis of the model. We received great feedback from our beta testers and used that to keep DeepArmor evolving. We have not launched another Beta test as our focus has been on Enterprise and Small Business solutions. This allows us to build a great Enterprise level product that will then transfer over to a even better Home product. DeepArmor for Home is still alive and well, and it should be released in the following quarters along with our Mac version. We are committed to building the best solutions for our customers.

Thank you very much for your interest in DeepArmor. We appreciate those who take interest in our solutions and are grateful for your feedback. Please let us know if we can help you in the future

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Hello All,

This is Mitch Harrison from SparkCognition's DeepArmor team.

First off, thank you all for your interest in DeepArmor. I came from companies using every major AV out there, and when I had the opportunity to take a look at DeepArmor, I was very impressed. It truly is a light-weight, definition-less, low maintenance anti-malware solution.

I'm reaching out to you all to clear some things up about our product. There has been some confusion around our pricing and other areas, which we are sensitive to and want to be responsive in addressing.

The pricing that was shown the other day was from an old template for the website that was accidentally uploaded when the website was being refreshed. It has no real-world value at all, and the numbers were just there to fill the field. While I can't currently share the costs, I can say with certainty they will be competitive.

Our upcoming release will include an offline model, document and PDF scanning, and a completely user friendly management console with many Enterprise level features that have been requested. It averages less than 5% CPU load and less that 75mb of RAM. I run it on my home gaming PC and forget it's there, and I personally have not had an anti-malware program running on it for over 5 years.

The only thing that the current version of DeepArmor still uses from the Beta product is the basis of the model. We received great feedback from our beta testers and used that to keep DeepArmor evolving. We have not launched another Beta test as our focus has been on Enterprise and Small Business solutions. This allows us to build a great Enterprise level product that will then transfer over to a even better Home product. DeepArmor for Home is still alive and well, and it should be released in the following quarters along with our Mac version. We are committed to building the best solutions for our customers.

Thank you very much for your interest in DeepArmor. We appreciate those who take interest in our solutions and are grateful for your feedback. Please let us know if we can help you in the future
are you planning to have a beta test for the Home version?
also while the Home version is not out, is there any way for someone like me(home user) to purchase a subscription for the Enterprise edition or is it gonna be sold only in bulk to companies?

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017

The web portal gives you information on what threats have been found, what has been quarantined, stats on what others have done, deleted, waived etc... but it is just read only you can't make actually changes like waving a file.

It sounds like DeepArmor will give us some control so it will likely be a much better option, just hope it gets released sooner rather than later.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@SparkCognition

Will there be a version for android devices? How about the android version comes free with the paid Windows version like many other applications out there?

Thanks

Reactions: AtlBo

The web portal gives you information on what threats have been found, what has been quarantined, stats on what others have done, deleted, waived etc... but it is just read only you can't make actually changes like waving a file.

It sounds like DeepArmor will give us some control so it will likely be a much better option, just hope it gets released sooner rather than later.

Could be like a couple of products that have been in 4+ year betas.

Reactions: upnorth

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

Lockdown, your comment re cylance is "correct" from my experience as a current cybrforce user. I can get into a cylance web portal and see what's going on, I think I have limited access to deal with detected files but since I have had no malware alerts since it's initial background scan of the system immediately after installation, I don't really recall how much "power" I have. User is limited. That's been ok for me. It is not my only protection and I can tweak other stuff. The few items cylance found on its initial scan were understandable to me looking at them from cylance's point of view. :geek: and cylance is light on the system. I've read conflicting accounts of whether you should or can run cylance with another av. I do not. occasionally I run an on-demand scan from various vendors. nada_nada :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.