Specific Video problem with Google Chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
As the topic title shows, i have a specific video problem in Google Chrome.

Among other games i play Skyrim and as such i visit the mod Site Nexus.

A lot of mods have one or more video's to show what their mod does, but ever since Google Chrome updated to the latest version i can no longer see any video's on the Nexus? While others can see them, a page with video's look like this to me...

But i am certain that if any one else checks the video tab from the page i used as an example...then you will see the video's.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mod...mods.com/skyrim/ajax/modvideo/?id=31264&pUp=1

Now from what i have noticed this is the only site where this happens. ( That i know of so far. ) If i go to Youtube for instance then i can see every video i want? Before the last update from Google Chrome i could see all video's on the Nexus...and i have no clue as to why it is happening or how to solve it? No it is not the end of the world but i do not like it.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
As a matter of fact, I don't see the videos either!:confused:

Edit:
I can see them now after disabling the Adblock extension for Chrome!
Seems like it was messing with the loading of the videos!
Have you got any extension like this enabled,or another one like Ghostery etc?
If you have, try disabling it/them,and see if the videos show!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Morro

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Edit: Disconnect extension may be causing the issue, see screenshot below.

I use AdBlock with EasyList and EasyPrivacy filters and have no problems viewing that page.

I installed Disconnect and videos disappear.

upload_2014-3-1_21-54-11.png

Reactions: Morro

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Edit: Disconnect extension may be causing the issue, see screenshot below.

I use AdBlock with EasyList and EasyPrivacy filters and have no problems viewing that page.

I installed Disconnect and videos disappear.

WOW after i just stopped Disconnect and reloaded the page, the video's where back again!? I did this a few times more and the result was always the same. What did Google freaking do with their latest update, Disconnect is now the second favourite extension i have to remove for now because it became bugged due to their update! :mad:

Either way thank you very much Huracan and Venustus for helping me. :D

Reactions: Venustus

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
One could assume Disconnect is at fault, not Chrome?

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
One could assume Disconnect is at fault, not Chrome?

Correct...BUT before Chrome updated to version 33 Disconnect was working perfectly, after Chrome updated to version 33 this started. So something in the Chrome update caused Disconnect to behave like that for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.