Expired SpiderOak ONE 7.0: Free 5GB of Cloud Storage lifetime plan

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Secure, reliable backup to protect your most important files from data loss and ransomware. If ransomware strikes, ONE's Point-in-Time recovery feature restores your data to its state before the attack. Backup, sync, and sharing for all of your devices included with every account. Sync your data across unlimited devices and access all of your historical versions and deleted files with no time limits or restrictions.
ONE ensures all of your data is protected before even leaving your computer. We offer end-to-end-encryption, giving you and your data unparalleled privacy with our Zero Knowledge architecture.

NB: SpiderOak ONE can be installed on an unlimited number of devices. The only restriction on the account is the total amount of storage space. Multiple devices can run at the same time.
Free updates.

I haven't used this and I don't think I will but if someone wants to play with it, that's your choice. I'm not responable for anythings that happens, in any shape or form.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I haven't used this and I don't think I will but if someone wants to play with it, that's your choice. I'm not responable for anythings that happens, in any shape or form.
Thanks.
The problem I had with this software a couple years ago was when I did system image restores. It confused spideroak so bad that I think I had to reinstall it every time.
What do current users say about it?

Reactions: Syafiq

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@OP Thanks for the sharing, I hear great reviews of them with their client side encryption only and their privacy policy.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Support told me that restoring system images is still a prob, but there is a relatively easy solution. Basically, you delete or rename the appdata folder of spideroak, before it starts connecting out:

"Restoring a system image can cause issues with the application. Generally best case is to rename the APPDATA and re-install it as a new device if you need to restore before ONE can connect, otherwise it can move files to the deleted items bin.

Cheers,

Jeremy"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.