Spirit's Visible Protection

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
McLovin said:
Any reason for the switch?

Some slow down while pc startup
Spikes in Ram usage when computer is busy.

:)

These were enough reason for me to switch.

+1 more, I have read kis 2014 will not allow user to tweak its setting and I always prefer personal setting while using AV,so better to have other av from now.
:)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Fair enough, always thought, that Norton would of been faster than Kaspersky.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrExplorer said:
Yesterday i Installed NIS in my Windows 7 & my VM. I crashes in both Windows 7 & VM.

Must be something to do with what else you have installed?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
NIS have some uncommon situation that makes its stability a trouble but for most experience users, definitely nice performance.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Update:
PC Environment: Private
Security Awareness: Advanced
Exposure to Malware: Low
Infection Rate: Low
Anti-Malware Testing: No
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro SP1
Architecture: 32-bit
User Account: Administrator
Real-time Protection: F-Secure Internet Security 2013
On-Demand Tools: Hitman Pro
Malwarebytes Free
Web Browser: Google Chrome
Opera Next
Extensions and Plugins: Adblock
No Script
Firewall: On
Update : On
Uac : Default
Dns:Isp
Utility ToolsTune Up Utilities,Jetclean.

I don't want paranoid security so even I have licenses of virtualization, antikeyloger and other security software I don't use them.

I have F-secure 2013 Trial and looking for its license as its too costly to buy 50-60 $ software[/font][/color]

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Spirit said:
Already mention on your security setup.
Its really slowing down and I like f-secure better;)

Glad to see that you did find a key though. :)

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Change the whole Setup and its working like charm with no slow down.

Removed: F-secure (Trial ended)

Added: Norton 360
Voodoshield
Trusteer Rapport

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
MSE + SBIE is excellent, but Chrome's SafeBrowsing is also beneficial. How are you liking this set-up, and is it something you'd use in the long-term?

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
MSE + SBIE is excellent, but Chrome's SafeBrowsing is also beneficial. How are you liking this set-up, and is it something you'd use in the long-term?

Indeed Earth,the setup is really light and I am liking it very much and plan to stick with it for the time.
I have mentioned in my earlier posts that on my laptop I don't fear of any security as it is my private machine and I know what I am doing on it and I can even live with av on it but my main problem is with my home shared pc where all the family members surf and they don't know about security very much.Few of them visit P**N sites and click here and there :D
No Internet security can protect in this situation and I only find the best software to get rid of this problem is Sandboxie Paid.
I forced all browsers and downloads to open in the Sbie and hope the infection now will not reach in main machine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.