Splinter

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks like a great application. Well done.

deema

Jun 4, 2012
McLovin said:
Looks like a great application. Well done.

Thank you very much McLovin. That is very much appreciated.

Here are a couple of different ways to use Splinter as the interface. All splinterfaces can always have any aspect of them altered, edited, or added to, at any time, by any one.

Addition Edition Promo

Icon-ic Edition Promo

Here is some early documentation regarding Splinter's functions and commands.

splicons_and_splanime_stuph_by_dipperdon-d518mbs.jpg

task_tray_icon_properties_dialog_box_documentation_by_dipperdon-d518n57.jpg

splinter_trigger_action_tab_documentation_by_dipperdon-d518p8p.jpg

splinter_trigger_appearance_tab_documentation_by_dipperdon-d518ntl.jpg

splinter_trigger_script_tab_n_spli_script_commands_by_dipperdon-d518o7y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Plexx

Thread author
Hi deema,

I am a person who likes minimalistic customization, however somehow came across your program so I downloaded and playing around with it.

Once I get it to my likes, I shall install it in my host machine.

I do have a suggestion though, from what I have seen, from youtube to the other forum I found but did not mention here, most of the 'themes' are not based on minimalistic. perhaps you could make one minimalistic theme so it would suit the different types of users.

deema

Jun 4, 2012
biozfear said:
Hi deema,

I am a person who likes minimalistic customization, however somehow came across your program so I downloaded and playing around with it.

Once I get it to my likes, I shall install it in my host machine.

I do have a suggestion though, from what I have seen, from youtube to the other forum I found but did not mention here, most of the 'themes' are not based on minimalistic. perhaps you could make one minimalistic theme so it would suit the different types of users.

Hi, thanks biozfear, that is great. Now, about your request. Could you be specific? I will be happy to do, but my definition of minimalistic, I am sure, is far different than yours. Thanks

Edit- Also, I should mention, that Splinter is meant to have the end user and artists create their own splinterfaces. I am happy to do what I can, but I am one person. As a new visual programming "language", it is designed to allow for the creation of splinterfaces by non coders, using the dragging and placing of images, the dragging of files/folders/apps onto triggers and splicons, and the linking of them all with the 7 simple script commands. That is all Splinter really does, these things i just listed. But by linking everything together, it allows for complex software outputs/splinterfaces to come about.

deema

Jun 4, 2012
ADDITION EDITION SPLINTER (THE SPLINTERFACE) DOWNLOAD BELOW IMAGE

For full sized image click the image on the page at the following link, twice
http://dipperdon.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4xs0cc

addition_edition_splinter___the_splinterface_by_dipperdon-d4xs0cc.png

http://www.deviantart.com/download/...r___the_splinterface_by_dipperdon-d4xs0cc.zip

THIS MUST BE RUN IN 1366X768 SCREEN RESOLUTION

Make sure to put the Splinter folder in C:\. (this isn't the Splinter folder that gets placed in Program Files with the installer. This folder contains all of the application and web link shortcuts and so the path to them must remain the same, across computers, in order for the splicons to be hotlinked) And put the two exe files IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE SPLINTERFACE. Splinter will search mydocs, by default, but you may place into any folder.

In the very top right of each page is a hidden trigger that, when clicked, will take you to the page menu.
The bottom right trigger is, generally, the page reset.
The bottom left trigger is, generally, the show and hide trigger location.

Remember that you have complete control, with Splinter. You can add, edit, or alter anything you wish, at any time. And you can see how I did things by right clicking triggers and looking at both the script sequence and the splicon splanime.

ICON AND WALLPAPER AUTHOR CREDITS ARE IN THE ZIP FILE

deema

Jun 4, 2012
Hi, biozfear. No rush here, at your convenience, but i just want you to know that I am willing to make your "minimalistic" splinterface, just need to know what you want it to look like or contain. Perhaps an image of something similar that i can work off? Thanks.

P

Plexx

Thread author
deema said:
Hi, biozfear. No rush here, at your convenience, but i just want you to know that I am willing to make your "minimalistic" splinterface, just need to know what you want it to look like or contain. Perhaps an image of something similar that i can work off? Thanks.

Hi there, sorry haven't replied before as I was busy doing some tests etc (you can see through some of my posts).

Minimalistic... lets see.

Attached are two of my previous desktops running Rainmeter. One of the wallpapers I lost (the hand one) and the other is Bittersweet available in Deviantart.

As you can see, my desktop is barely cluttered and rather simple.
Applications are all in a folder etc, only one game shortcut available outside of the games folder.

hope this gives you some ideas.

I am more into text based. In the past I was a Darkstep and Litestep user, then moved to BBLean before returning to explorer shell.

deema

Jun 4, 2012
Hi, biozfear. HMMMMMMM. You were not kidding about minimalistic. Well, let's see, a couple of things I should mention, off the bat.

One, Splinter does not have the functionality of Rainmeter. It isn't designed to "show" you what is happening on your pc. Splinter is a "hot linker" at its core.

Wow, I am a bit at a loss for words, I am not sure what you would want Splinter to "do" for you.

Are you not a fan of icon docks?

Are you only interested in accessing data, not how the icon imagery blends into / integrates into the desktop wallpaper?

Perhaps you would like to have toggle-able invisible "folders"/triggers that can hold many links without cluttering anything up? If this is "something" that would interest you it can be found at the following link on DonationCoder.com. A member there requested it and seems to have put it to good use.
The splinterface toggle trigger download is on post 76. TaoPhoenix is who requested it and his posts on the subject go back to about #30 or there abouts.
DC Thread

I am assuming it is okay to post this link, if I am wrong, my bad.

If this isn't something you would use Splinter for, I mean, you can just TELL me EXACTLY what you want and I will make it.

I will keep thinking of a way to peak your interest, as well.

P

Plexx

Thread author
My bad, didnt explain properly. I wanted to show you how minimalistic I was so those 2 desktops with rainmeter were the best I could do to show ya, instead of pointing you to the desktop show off thread, where my posts are scattered around.

Basically when I first looked at Splinter I liked the idea of toggling.

Ill try to explain in a simple way:
Basically in a nutshell the following:

small orbs like the one on the youtube link I posted but in a greyish colour (as you can see my wallpapers mostly are in greyscale)
The images that im interested would be in text in similar fonts (like the one I have in Rainmeter on the bittersweet wallpaper, which I cant remember the skin of the rainmeter as well...).
Text would be with following:
Tools
Games
Files
System tools
etc etc (basically to fit the applications on my Main config link in my signature)

I do like icon docks, but small ones to keep my desktop in a minimalistic look. Unfortunately, until I discovered Splinter, Objectdock/Rocketdock etc did not suite my needs.

I understand the Splinter concept thats why I posted here to share with the community.

Does that make sense? Please tell me as I can sometimes type a lot and end up confusing everyone without realizing.

deema

Jun 4, 2012
biozfear said:
My bad, didnt explain properly. I wanted to show you how minimalistic I was so those 2 desktops with rainmeter were the best I could do to show ya, instead of pointing you to the desktop show off thread, where my posts are scattered around.

Basically when I first looked at Splinter I liked the idea of toggling.

Ill try to explain in a simple way:
Basically in a nutshell the following:

small orbs like the one on the youtube link I posted but in a greyish colour (as you can see my wallpapers mostly are in greyscale)
The images that im interested would be in text in similar fonts (like the one I have in Rainmeter on the bittersweet wallpaper, which I cant remember the skin of the rainmeter as well...).
Text would be with following:
Tools
Games
Files
System tools
etc etc (basically to fit the applications on my Main config link in my signature)

I do like icon docks, but small ones to keep my desktop in a minimalistic look. Unfortunately, until I discovered Splinter, Objectdock/Rocketdock etc did not suite my needs.

I understand the Splinter concept thats why I posted here to share with the community.

Does that make sense? Please tell me as I can sometimes type a lot and end up confusing everyone without realizing.

Hi, biozfear. Yes, it does make sense. And yes, I can do something with this. I will read this over a couple of more times and get back to you with something of a draft to see if we are on the same page. But yeah, you definitely seem to have a handle on Splinter's abilities and how they can translate to the desktop.

I will look around on this site for your posts, as you suggested, as well.

deema

Jun 4, 2012
Do you mean text images of "this"

VMware (used for Gaming as well as testing software before installing on Host);
*CCleaner;
*Quicksys RegDefrag;
*Revo Uninstaller Pro;
*Unlocker 1.9.1 (64 bit version);
*Orbit Downloader;
*Virtual CloneDrive;
*Paragon Backup & Recovery 2011 Free;
*Puran Defrag;
*ImgBurner;
*Notepad++;
*Getdiz (NFO Viewer);
*Foxit Reader;
*7zip;
*Winrar;
*Media Player Classic;
*Winamp;
*VLC Player;
*MS Office 2010.

and such that are hidden until you want them to be seen? Kinda like they appear as a stack docklet like in the video? Or always on screen?

P

Plexx

Thread author
deema said:
Do you mean text images of "this"

VMware (used for Gaming as well as testing software before installing on Host);
*CCleaner;
*Quicksys RegDefrag;
*Revo Uninstaller Pro;
*Unlocker 1.9.1 (64 bit version);
*Orbit Downloader;
*Virtual CloneDrive;
*Paragon Backup & Recovery 2011 Free;
*Puran Defrag;
*ImgBurner;
*Notepad++;
*Getdiz (NFO Viewer);
*Foxit Reader;
*7zip;
*Winrar;
*Media Player Classic;
*Winamp;
*VLC Player;
*MS Office 2010.

and such that are hidden until you want them to be seen? Kinda like they appear as a stack docklet like in the video? Or always on screen?

Oh dear me, forgot I listed too many.

Images should be by groups and then the individual ones. So basically ability to toggle on/off one image to launch the application folder/executable as well as one button to toggle a set of applications group.

Here is final list I am looking for:

Groups:

Maintenance Tools
System Tools
Games
Downloads
Files
Documents
Pictures
Wallpapers
Music

Individual Applications:

Backup
Defrag
Music Player
Media Player
Browser
VPN
Virtual

deema

Jun 4, 2012
Oh dear me, forgot I listed too many.

Images should be by groups and then the individual ones. So basically ability to toggle on/off one image to launch the application folder/executable as well as one button to toggle a set of applications group.

Here is final list I am looking for:

Groups:

Maintenance Tools
System Tools
Games
Downloads
Files
Documents
Pictures
Wallpapers
Music

Individual Applications:

Backup
Defrag
Music Player
Media Player
Browser
VPN
Virtual

[/quote]

Oh, yes, this is quite simple with Splinter. I will create it. Was the image in the PM the one you want as the background? If you have any specific images in mind already I will use those. I will try to match the text to the one you spoke of earlier

P

Plexx

Thread author
ill try to upload some that I use to you. Would uploading to imageshack work or you prefer email?

deema

Jun 4, 2012
biozfear said:
ill try to upload some that I use to you. Would uploading to imageshack work or you prefer email?

I dont have a preference. Either is fine

deema

Jun 4, 2012
I also forgot to mention that you can launch a "crowded" splinterface such as Addition Edition or Icon-ic and simply delete all of the splicons that you do not want to use. You can delete the entire thing, splicon by splicon, if you choose.

So the "bigger" ones do not have to remain that way if you don't want them to

P

Plexx

Thread author
deema said:
I also forgot to mention that you can launch a "crowded" splinterface such as Addition Edition or Icon-ic and simply delete all of the splicons that you do not want to use. You can delete the entire thing, splicon by splicon, if you choose.

Hi mate, sorry I got a bit confused when you mentioned crowded splinterface.

could you try to explain again? im interested:)

deema

Jun 4, 2012
biozfear said:
deema said:

Hi mate, sorry I got a bit confused when you mentioned crowded splinterface.

could you try to explain again? im interested:)

from youtube to the other forum I found but did not mention here, most of the 'themes' are not based on minimalistic

The "themes" are actually stand-alone software outputs that are called splinterfaces. Each image is its own separate entity within Splinter. ALL aspects of an already created splinterface are forever editable/alterable/delete-able. So for Addition Edition, if you only wanted four of the images from the Mario page, you could delete every other page and delete all of the splicons except for the ones you wanted to keep on the Mario page.

See what I mean? You said that they were all too "big"(croweded) and wanted simpler. If you were to find a splicon sequence that you liked (multiple image splanimations within a script equals splicon sequence), you could change the splicon images to whatever you want them to be while retaining all of the splanimation and spli-scripting that I or someone else has already done.

Basically, EVERY splinterface is a "template", if you wish it to be. You can keep everything, nothing, some, whatever you want. Keep only certain parts of certain things, etc etc. Complete customization is what it allows you to have.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.