*Getdiz (NFO Viewer);
*Foxit Reader;
*7zip;
*Winrar;
*Media Player Classic;
*Winamp;
*VLC Player;
*MS Office 2010.

and such that are hidden until you want them to be seen? Kinda like they appear as a stack docklet like in the video? Or always on screen?

Oh dear me, forgot I listed too many.

Images should be by groups and then the individual ones. So basically ability to toggle on/off one image to launch the application folder/executable as well as one button to toggle a set of applications group.

Here is final list I am looking for:

Groups:

Maintenance Tools
System Tools
Games
Downloads
Files
Documents
Pictures
Wallpapers
Music

Individual Applications:

Backup
Defrag
Music Player
Media Player
Browser
VPN
Virtual

What applications would go under these groups? Maintenance Tools
System Tools. What under the others? Do you want the group image to initiate ICONS or just text images of the hotlinked app?

Attached is the beginning of the creation of it all. Click the top left trigger to start the spli-script for the apps. Click the bottom right trigger to show and hide the triggers initiating the group image splicons.

Attachments

• Biozfear.zip
    809.9 KB · Views: 328

deema

Jun 4, 2012
7 downloads of the file? 7 users here? Can anyone and/or EVERYONE just post a comment or complaint or observation or question, please.

Things that I would think would have been asked many many times by now on other forums and such are

1. It appears as though the dock splicons that appear above the trigger dock are not able to be clicked the first time you run a splicon sequence when you first open Splinter. Why?

2. Sometimes clicking on the dock will not do anything and other times it will make it so that the dock splicons cannot be clicked. Why?

Answer.

1 This is a glitch that will be corrected in an update soon. All you have to do is just kill reset the page and run it again and it will be fine. Takes 3 seconds. This is due to the triggers for some reason having a higher z-level order, meaning triggers always appear on top of splicons when they are overlapping in the FIRST and only the first time you run the sequence.

2. This is due to trying to avoid #1 by using a splicon for the dock image and not a trigger. The splicons basically layer above each other. the most recently opened splicon will appear above the previous. So when the dock is the first splicon opened, all of the "icon splicons" will be above and clickable the first time. BUT, since Triggers, normally, ALWAYS are below splicons, so they are the better option because if you accidentally click on the dock and not a splicon, it will not come above the splicons and make it so you cannot click them.

All of Icon-ic Edition is #1. Addition and more recent ones are done with "style" #2. Either way works fine. Very soon there will be an update to correct it anyway. There is really no reason to be clicking on the dock itself anyway, except to edit its placement or image. The dock is nothing but an image, it doesnt have any functionality unless you were to hotlink it to "something" , I cannot think of anything you would need or want the dock hotlinked to, other than its own parameters

-------

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
deema said:
7 downloads of the file? 7 users here? Can anyone and/or EVERYONE just post a comment or complaint or observation or question, please.

Downloaded it :)

What you mean by that?

deema

Jun 4, 2012
McLovin said:
deema said:

Downloaded it :)

What you mean by that?

I meant just that I only made it for biozfear, is all. No big deal but I didn't think it worthy of other people downloading. But I figure that if 7 people downloaded the spli-face i attached than "they" or more must have downloaded the other, complete splitnterfaces and so may have some feedback or questions.

The fact that I have not seen anyone else, ever, having created a single splicon sequence says, to me, that there may be a disconnect between what people assume about Splinter's ease and the actual truth.

So I am hoping to jumpstart a "aha" moment for people. I dont know what "anyone" doesn't know. It is far easier to fill in what I know is missing than "all of it".

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
deema said:
I meant just that I only made it for biozfear, is all. No big deal but I didn't think it worthy of other people downloading. But I figure that if 7 people downloaded the spli-face i attached than "they" or more must have downloaded the other, complete splitnterfaces and so may have some feedback or questions.

In that case you might of had to send it to him via PM, or upload it to Mediafire or something like that and then send him the link. :)

deema

Jun 4, 2012
McLovin said:
deema said:

In that case you might of had to send it to him via PM, or upload it to Mediafire or something like that and then send him the link. :)

Mmm. I mean that since 7 people have downloaded this file, then it is far more likely that at least those 7, maybe more, from here, have downloaded and run the other splinterfaces, if 7 were willing to download the tiny and user specific one. So, if at least thsoe 7 have run the other splinterfaces, i would like feedback.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
deema said:
Mmm. I mean that since 7 people have downloaded this file, then it is far more likely that at least those 7, maybe more, from here, have downloaded and run the other splinterfaces, if 7 were willing to download the tiny and user specific one. So, if at least thsoe 7 have run the other splinterfaces, i would like feedback.

Just tried the one that you attached to the other post and does work. Just wondering, when you set a wallpaper for a new screen is there a way to make it for dual screens?

deema

Jun 4, 2012
McLovin said:
deema said:

Just tried the one that you attached to the other post and does work. Just wondering, when you set a wallpaper for a new screen is there a way to make it for dual screens?

Do you mean you want to stretch the image? It is an actual WINDOWS wallpaper that Splinter uses, not its own. So however you have it set in Windows should work.

Perhaps you mean do the splicons scale out across both screens? No, not yet. Next build. Very soon. For now, each splinterface is "stuck" at the screen rez in which it was created. But you are always free to create your own in your dual monitor setup, until then. Super easy.

The Mario Page tutorial shows how in just 30 minutes(ten minutes without tutorial slow-down.) you can have a "full page integrated dock that is completely seamless in its appearance and function.

ALL other splinterfaces were created using NOTHING but the simple steps used in the Mario tut. Cause Splinter doesn't do ANYTHING but open splicons (still images) and hot link those images to anything and everything you can possibly imagine. That is why it is so simple to use. It just takes thinking like "hmm, what would be cool to have pop up after THIS image and how should it look popping out. And what image should pop up after THAT one and how should it look".

That is IT. That is all a splinterface is. What you or the creator wants to see happen. Simple stuff like "a splicon of a spaceship enters (opens) from off screen to hover above a planet." Okay, so then what would be cool? "How bout I make a laser shoot out of it and blow up the planet." Okay.So this would ONLY take 3 still images. the ship opening. the laser opening from a small point on the ship to a point on the planet, and then an image of a fireball or whatever splanimating out to cover the planet like it was exploding outward.

If the splicon id's were "ship"=1, "laser"=2, "fireball"=3, the script to make this happen would be

splinter run 1
splinter delay 500(however long you want to set the pause until laser)
splinter run 2
splinter delay 200(time for laser to reach planet when it can explode)
splinter run 3

(You could also create external batch spli-scripts for the splicons to hotlink to, so that they become interactive WITHIN the splinterface, like triggers. Generally, you hotlink splicons to external files and such when they are to be used for utilitarian functionality. When you create immersive splinterfaces, such as Eternity or Alice Editions, the splicons are often hotlinked to scripts like the one above so that splicons, not just triggers, initiate splicon sequences through scripts within the splinterface experience.)(internal scripting for splicons to work like triggers will come in a later build. But the same commands apply in a batch file as they do within internal spli-scripting)

P

Plexx

Thread author
Had pc problems so splinter is out of the picture for now since I had to restore factory default image since my backups had a corrupt driver installed with system restore deleted etc.

long story short: a nightmare.

Once I have everything backup and running, will trial again the interface :)

deema

Jun 4, 2012
New unnamed splinterface page. Download and vid link below

no_name_splinter___launch_instructions_below_by_dipperdon-d55qot9.png

Download page on deviantART

Splanimation Video

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.