Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Hello Everyone!

Topic: Ramson Ware Software:

Online Armor ++ seems to do very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7VoR3bBo8w&feature=feedu

Could I use Online Armor with CIS? How much Ram Usage?
And is there slow on the computer?

Many many thanks,

Moose

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, both are Internet Suites, so I would either run Online Armor++ or Comodo Internet Security.

D

Deleted member 178

i will recommend him to try CIS first (because it is free) then if he can manage the pop-ups, he can stick with it or go for a try of OA++ (it surprised me that online armor HIPS load more pop-ups than CIS ! )

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
OA++ has all the features there, Firewall with HIPS even their Antivirus and others.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Use either one, you can't use both together as your computer will definitely crash or locked up. CIS is much lighter than OA and its free. Give them a trial run for sometimes and choose the one which you feel comfortable the most. Both of them are a HIPS firewall, you may have a problem if you're not familiar with his type of program. It's best to read the manual before you do.

Thanks

I

illumination

I agree with Earth also, you will want to pick one or the other. My personal preference between the two is CIS, although you will want to chose the one that fits your needs and uses as well as your system resources.

D

Deleted member 178

I did a review of Emsisoft AM + Online Armor Premium (this is basically OA++ with Mamutu BB) so go read it, it may help you in your decision:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Emsisoft-Anti-Malware-5-Online-Armor-Premium-5-combo

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I have once tried two HIPS products (comodo firewall and Spyteriminator) and that lead to frozed and a crashed system.

CIS (cmdagent.exe) uses for about 10-20MB (if not virtual memory(space from HDD is used as ram) is on in form of page file CIS uses 300-500MB. If you don't change anything in windows the virtual memory is on.). so it's using not much. CIS is very light, you almost forget it's there :) the UI of CIS is my eyes not hard to config (at least not for me; I found CIS easier to manage then Armor). If you have questions you have people here (there are some comodo people here :) ) otherwise comodo forum is the place to get the best help.

I have also heard many saying that armor is more instable than CIS (Don't know if this is true...).

MY best advice, as other said... try it on a virtual machine and see what you like best. I post a link to another thread here. if you want to know if you're machine is ready to run virtual machine, please tell about you're machine( cpu, HDD, ram. ect)

Regards,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.