Status
Not open for further replies.

havok

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
havok said:
Not sure I understood.. You got EAM + OAP real time and added Webroot ( Complete? Antivirus?) as second opinion ( No real time) or Webroot as well is RT ?

Yes, Webroot complete as companion. (it was made for that)
another reason is i am a closed-beta tester for Webroot ^^

For me EAM + OAP real time are enough.

Webroot has a unique feature:

Infection rollback:

WSA during installation take a snapshot of your system.

When WSA detect a suspicious item, WSA will "allow" it then monitor it (opposed to brutal deletion by other solutions); this item will be unable to connect internet and will have very limited access to important files/functions of your system.

Then later if this item is finally flagged as malicious; all action done by it is reversed by WSA, if the Item is clean then it will have normal access.

This feature is very different than other solutions, even some test labs (AV-Comparative) have said that their testing methodology can't be applied to WSA due to this feature and the way WSA works.

Mostly WSA is misunderstood by average user (who live by detection rate only) claiming that it is a weak solution.

What do you mean "companion" ? Real time (I think so) or not ?
And if is real time I guess quite a lot of features must be disabled in WSA such as firewall, HIPS...
I guess even resources usage got increased.
Perhaps later I'll give one more try to EAV + OAP with EAM as second opinion - I guess if I run EAM free (with no license) EAV works fine..-
BTW any news about a Comodo FW review ? I had a look in reviews section but I found only CIS...

D

Deleted member 178

A companion AV is a second real-time AV that was made to fill the role of a complementary solutions, so the components were designed to not conflict with the main one (including BB, etc...) and the resources usage impact is limited.

D

Deleted member 178

Akash209 said:
simply go with Avira Internet Security 2013.. Effective, best, and worry free... You can find key till 2015 in youtube/gogle.... or pm me......!!! :)

Exchange or suggestion to use illegal ways to use a product is forbidden in this forum.

Thanks

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
Akash209 said:
simply go with Avira Internet Security 2013.. Effective, best, and worry free... You can find key till 2015 in youtube/gogle.... or pm me......!!! :)

Exchange or suggestion to use illegal ways to use a product is forbidden in this forum.

Thanks
Yah.. i just forgot and Re-edit post..! its a major mistake..!!!!!!

havok

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
A companion AV is a second real-time AV that was made to fill the role of a complementary solutions, so the components were designed to not conflict with the main one (including BB, etc...) and the resources usage impact is limited.

Ya though I guess this statement is not always "true" . Running 2 AV at the same time can always create problem, especially if a 3d party firewall (as stand alone) is used as well

havok

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
- Akash209 -
Avira is an excellent AV but the firewall is really average\low quality..
Perhaps I'll give a try to Avira AV + OAP

D

Deleted member 178

havok said:
Umbra Corp. said:

Ya though I guess this statement is not always "true" . Running 2 AV at the same time can always create problem, especially if a 3d party firewall (as stand alone) is used as well

i tried all combinations possible and i can tell you that every real companion AV i used never created any issues on my system.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Some products which declared as a companion product is really compatible with the current AV's software. However other combination as exclusion of components sometimes could generally result for conflicts.

Thus advance users experimented it to see how impact in a system does but in a fundamental those combination have only a little percentage of increased protection.

D

Deleted member 178

jamescv7 said:
Thus advance users experimented it to see how impact in a system does but in a fundamental those combination have only a little percentage of increased protection.

yes, i use a companion mostly to fill some lack of feature of the main AV or if the companion has a cool one.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
can I use F Secure Internet Security with Online Armor Pro? F Secure has no firewall,thaer uses windows firewall. need I to make some settings?

D

Deleted member 178

The question is not if F-Secure use Windows firewall or not, the problem is " does F-Secure install some kind of firewall's drivers?"

if yes, you can't use OA, if no so you can.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
can I use F Secure Internet Security with Online Armor Pro? F Secure has no firewall,thaer uses windows firewall. need I to make some settings?

Keep us posted about your experience with F-Secure Internet Security. I am really curious about it.

Thanks in advance.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Gnosis said:

Keep us posted about your experience with F-Secure Internet Security. I am really curious about it.

Thanks in advance.

Its one of the excellent suite
Great detection and I don't feel any slow down with it however there decision of removing firewall is a big minus point in 2013 version.

I definetly use this product above all if I get license of this software but not able to get license even with my high profile sourcases :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my opinion to avoid any conflicts if occur, you may configure Windows Firewall in maximum security and add tiny firewall control tool.

D

Deleted member 178

EAM's BB is compatible with almost everything since there is no BB like the one of EAM (Threatfire is the one that come closer)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
F-secure's Deepguard is closely likely a HIPS behavior based thing caused when its realtime bypass then it will take care for it based on behavior so I think Mamutu being a based BB is an ok for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.