Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Cnet said:
Sprint, which for weeks has defended its use of Carrier IQ software on mobile phones, is now disabling the software, a Sprint spokeswoman confirmed today.

"We have weighed customer concerns and we have disabled use of the tool so that diagnostic information and data is no longer being collected," spokeswoman Stephanie Vinge-Walsh said in a statement.

Read More: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57344492-83/sprint-disabling-carrier-iq-on-phones/

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
They (Sprint) wants you to feel bad because they disabled Carrier IQ which collects "diagnostic information and data". Yeah OK, they are just trying to detract you from what this kind of software can and probably is being used for.

Note to the world: Stay the heck out of my personal life and business. The only thing you should know about me is what I decide you need to know period!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.