SpyShelter Black Friday Deal!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
We’re working hard to create a major new update for SpyShelter. Your purchases of any SpyShelter versions help support our work on this project so we can keep making updates to the software.

For Black Friday please use the coupon “spyfriday” for a 25% discount off all SpyShelter versions.
Look for the “coupon” option in our cart, then add it in, and click the icon next to the coupon area.

Click here to buy any SpyShelter versions with this special discount using the “spyfriday” coupon.

Thanks for considering supporting our work! This coupon offer ends soon, so act fast to get the deal. The coupon automatically disables once a certain number of people make a purchase.

Sincerely, The SpyShelter Team

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
I would love to take advantage of this deal, and to support SS's continued existence. However, like many such offers, this one is unintentionally unfair to existing customers. Why? Because my current SS Premium subscription extends to October 23, 2024. Unfortunately, the sale-priced 12 month subscription would take effect immediately-when-purchased. So buying a 1-year subscription now would actually amount to nothing more than adding one more month to my existing subscription.

If I could ADD 12 months to my existing subscription, I would do so in a heartbeat.

IMO, subscriptions should not take effect until they are ACTIVATED. That way, existing customers (like me) could help out at times like this.

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
Myself is not one of their customer/user, but I do know they recently switched owners. Have you tried to reach out and talk to them about it?
Good suggestion. I just sent SS support an e-mail about this matter. However, I think it takes a good amount of "re-gearing" to switch FROM *activate on purchase date* TO *activate when customer requests it*. I shall report back when/if they reply.

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
Good suggestion. I just sent SS support an e-mail about this matter. However, I think it takes a good amount of "re-gearing" to switch FROM *activate on purchase date* TO *activate when customer requests it*. I shall report back when/if they reply.
Amazing!!! SS Support replied just a couple of hours after I sent my email. Their reply...
Sorry for the issue and thanks for your feedback on the Black Friday deal.
I'll share this with our team so we can improve next year.
It sounds disappointing IF someone isn't familiar with the changes that have to be made in order to allow *activate when customer requests it.* Actually, "next year" is a reasonable deadline -- if they actually undertake such a change. But will they? Time will tell.

In the meantime I remain a very satisfied SS Premium (SSP) User. In addition to its time-tested anti-keylogger, SSP also includes an excellent Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS).

HIPS are a type of Behavior Blocker/granular-whitelister. As such, when properly used, they are one of THE most powerful security tools for handling zero-day & other malware where signatures do not yet exist or are an impractical means of protection.

For the first 3-4 days, SSP's HIPS component will pop quite a few alerts as it "learns" your computer's system & apps. After those days, it will quiet down a lot and become sorta like the animal that is born when you mate a tiger with a parrot -- it seldom speaks but, when it does, you better listen! 😲

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.