Battle SpyShelter Firewall vs Traditional firewall (like KIS or ESIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBridge

Thread author
Jul 4, 2015
Hello guys,

I want to know what is the difference between some traditional firewall (like Kaspersky Internet Security (firewall) or Emsisoft Internet Security (Firewall)) vs. SpyShelter Firewall (I think it is behaviour based). Will there be any feature that is missing from Spyshelter since it is behavior based in comparison to standard ones like kapsersky?

Thanks in advance

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Spyshelter won't find/block/deny anything other than Spyware. An example... you know how Google Chrome (an add-on for it or something) was listening in on people? Well Spyshelter probably would have denied this by default whereas your typical antivirus software out there is way more likely to just ignore things such as this... allow it because... hey... it's Google

Spyshelter denies by default what your antivirus might allow/deems to be safe.

Untitled.png

Sort of options you have in Spyshelter. I think it denies programs trying to access webcam etc by default, unless you allow it. Just tinkered with options here just to show you.

Like if you download a legit program it won't can access the webcam unless you allow it to...

"Every action out of the ordinary is potentially dangerous. For example, it is natural if Skype requests access to webcam – it would be impossible to make a video call without allowing the access to it. On other hand, when notepad application tries to intercept sound from your microphone, it is suspicious. Why would notepad need to capture sound?"

Logger can be under the guise of anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.