Battle Spyshelter Firewall vs Zemana AntiLogger Premium

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I use win 10 and my security protection is eset internet security 10
In realtime

I have lifetime license for spyshalter firewall and use it for realtime but disable firewall feature

Also have malwarebytes pro lifetime license and use only anti-exploit feature on realtime

I just win zemana antilogger 1 year license
So which option use
1- use zemana realtime full with all above
2- use some feature only
3- use zemana AL only and remove spyshalter firewall
4- use zemana AL ondemand only

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you are concerned about loggers, so spyshelter is the top anti-logger program.

if you more like the signature-based protection of zemana, which is very strong against PUPs, then go with ZAL

if you combo the two, then disable logger protection in ZAL.

Reactions: Parsh and ant_gamal

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
ok, so not recommended to combine it wit SpS
the user could try it out and see if there are conflicts. Sometimes you hit it lucky, and two programs with HIPS will get along with each other.

For instance, I hear that there are many happy users of COMODO firewall + Qihoo 360

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
What I know the only advantage of zemana AL against SSFW is scanning folder or file for keylogger

But SSFW is better on detecting keylogger also have 2 features not on zemana AL
1- web camera protection
2- clipboard copies

I was thinking before I post here that how to companies together and it is what I want to know from expert uses here

For HIPs I think ESET IS is good and SSFW with it is very good

I bought SSFW 2 years ago lifetime license after many research on web about the best keylogger protection and keystrokes and other protection feature not including in security suite

It is number 1 till now in its field

after your opinion I will use zemana on another pc not the main one which I care about its protection cos it have all my data

thanks for all

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What I know the only advantage of zemana AL against SSFW is scanning folder or file for keylogger
ZAL has strong signature-based protection, for the whole system, which SSFW does not have.

For HIPs I think ESET IS is good and SSFW with it is very good
if you want to combo ESET with SSFW, you have a potential conflict there, because both have HIPS. IMHO it is worth a try. If you have problems, spyshelter support will tell you which settings to change/turn off in order to get the two to work together.

EDIT: In such a setup, you will actually have two firewalls. You might want to disable ESET firewall, I don't know, I am not sure if it works right with spyshelter firewall.

Last edited:
Reactions: ant_gamal
D

Deleted member 178

I was thinking before I post here that how to companies together and it is what I want to know from expert uses here

don't even think about mixing ESET and SpS, SpS alone is enough for you needs and level of knowledge.

after your opinion I will use zemana on another pc

Yes, better put it for real use instead wasting its license on a computer protected by SpS

IMHO it is worth a try. If you have problems, spyshelter support will tell you which settings to change/turn off in order to get the two to work together.

if you have problems, support will help you... ummmmmm i dont think so !
Support will laugh at you, because you aren't supposed to stockpiling security softs then ask for help when your experiment went wrong. They will just tell you "uninstall the other soft" , support don't have time to help you configure their softs to work with another security softs especially if similar and from a rival company...

Why do people are so obsessed trying to combine similar softs which may conflict each other; this has nothing to do with turning off the similar features or not, it is about drivers and kernel hooks ; by using an HIPS you are already weakening the kernel , with 2 HIPS ...

@shmu26 We are here to help people to have a safe and stable system , not to let them play Dr Frankenstein...especially if they have basic knowledge. I don't recommend to any members here to combine similar softs unless they have a very good understanding of the implications on the OS, the mechanisms used by the softwares, etc...

Reactions: shmu26

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I disable firewall option in SSFW I said this on first post

Combining software by disable some feature to get better from each one

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have played Dr. Frankenstein by combining spyshelter with security suites that have HIPS, and usually, support would tell me what to do, when I had a problem. But if I tried to combine too many things at one time, then yes, they would start to laugh at me.

I personally am not very fond of spyshelter, because MT testers and experts say that in certain situations, it does not actually block the malware, even though it throws up a prompt and pretends to block. I have a license for spyshelter premium, from a giveaway, but I don't use it.

By the way, @Umbra gives good, solid advice, so why not follow it? Combining two very complicated security softs is a real lot of fun for reckless tinkerers like myself, but probably a bad idea for real-world usage.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Ok thanks for advice but running eset alone is not safe
I hacked before when I used it alone 2 years ago
And that is force me to buy SSFW to add another protection

And I saw some users combine SSFW with other security suite like bitdefender and Kaspersky not eset only

So what do you think for better system security to do

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Ok thanks for advice but running eset alone is not safe
I hacked before when I used it alone 2 years ago
And that is force me to buy SSFW to add another protection

And I saw some users combine SSFW with other security suite like bitdefender and Kaspersky not eset only

So what do you think for better system security to do
a lot of people are happy with voodooshield.
some unfortunate people like myself have had a lot of issues with it, but if you are one of the lucky ones, it provides very strong protection.
you can combo it with ESET or other security suites.
why not try it out?

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
a lot of people are happy with voodooshield.
some unfortunate people like myself have had a lot of issues with it, but if you are one of the lucky ones, it provides very strong protection.
you can combo it with ESET or other security suites.
why not try it out?
I red that voodooshield difficult in use and takes many times and many tries to make it works well

Also need deep knowledge to make best choice for action
Many say that voodooshield is good to combination

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.