New Update SpyShelter v15 Beta

Shantir

Level 1
Sep 17, 2023
Spyshelter has many useful features but it isn't a firewall as it doesn't monitor which apps try to connect to Internet neither you can't allow or block them when they are trying to connect to Internet. Spyshelter main function is to alert you when a executable, service or driver is run for the first time or if it has changed its hash if it was already run in the past so you can allow or block it the single file or globally allow or block a software publisher. Also Spyshelter alerts you when a executable file try to modify Windows registry or access to your sensitive files. Furthermore Spyshelter has a screen protection module and the deveoper plan to add a anti-keylogger module too. I recommend to try it.

Shantir

Level 1
Sep 17, 2023
Hello,
I have OSArmor Personal subscription and so far I haven't had compatibility problems with Spyshelter beta. OSArmor Personal is set to medium protection, Spyshelter v15 beta is set on paranoid mode.

I just remembered that the only issue occurred when I updated Spyshelter beta from 15.0.0.480b to 15.0.1.485b. OSArmor Personal blocked powershell start "C:\ProgramData\SpyShelter\SpyShelterSetup.exe" -v runas . After that I added an exception to OSArmor Personal to allow the specific Powershell command for Spyshelter to update without issues.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Due to user feedback, we’re adding PUP detection to SpyShelter in the next major release! This means that SpyShelter will detect and auto-quarantine unwanted programs (if your settings allow that).

Thanks for your feedback so we could add this feature that users find important!

Shantir

Level 1
Sep 17, 2023
I just remembered that the only issue occurred when I updated Spyshelter beta from 15.0.0.480b to 15.0.1.485b. OSArmor Personal blocked powershell start "C:\ProgramData\SpyShelter\SpyShelterSetup.exe" -v runas . After that I added an exception to OSArmor Personal to allow the specific Powershell command for Spyshelter to update without issues.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
SpyShelter 15 shouldn’t EVER require any changes to Windows Core Isolation, and we recommend that you keep it set to “On”.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Keyboard encryption is dead…
Bad move from SpyShelter (n) Keyboard Encryption (system-wide) was a main feature for what people might considered to purchase a license of Spyshelter v15.

Shantir

Level 1
Sep 17, 2023
I hope that as they removed Spyshelter keyboard encription they can lower the price a bit.:)

BTW on the official announcement SpyShelterCarl wrote:

"However, we’re still going to try to release a completely free keyboard encryption antikeylogger app for everyone to use. This way, if Microsoft breaks this potential new free antikeylogger app, or antiviruses block us, we can still continue to work on this free app without taking money from customers and having to tell them the feature is now impossible.
We plan to try to release something before the Summer is over, and it should be free for anyone to use. The new app will use techniques that Microsoft and antiviruses don’t like, so you may need to whitelist it, but we hope to provide a modern and functional keyboard encryption app for the latest Windows versions."

That's not bad news

Last edited:

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Bad move from SpyShelter (n) Keyboard Encryption (system-wide) was a main feature for what people might considered to purchase a license of Spyshelter v15.
In principle, they don't seem to give up on this at all, but they doubt the possibility of uninterrupted operation of this function, which is why they opened a vote whether they need to do this or not.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.