Sr. Normal 2.0 config. (Multiple boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as I can see, your configuration is definitely strong enough. ;)

Considering the fact where it follows:
  • You have Voodoshield installed on the system which enhances the current AV protection you have.
  • Avira Browser Safety with Adguard/Ublock Origin will make a hard time for intruders to bypass it.
  • Quality of on demand scanners
  • Lastly a backup program.

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Thread author
Thanks @frogboy :)

You know, my good friend, that my only merit here is to know how to listen and learn. Thanks for your kind words. :)

Do you remember? When I came here I only knew how to say Qihoo.
  • Antivirus? Qihoo
  • Computer Cleaning? Qihoo
  • What time will it be now in St. Petersburg? Qihoo.
It is a great place to learn and enjoy :). Qihoo. :p:D

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks @frogboy :)

You know, my good friend, that my only merit here is to know how to listen and learn. Thanks for your kind words. :)

Do you remember? When I came here I only knew how to say Qihoo.
  • Antivirus? Qihoo
  • Computer Cleaning? Qihoo
  • What time will it be now in St. Petersburg? Qihoo.
It is a great place to learn and enjoy :). Qihoo. :p:D
You sure have come a long since then, i think we have both learned a lot from the good people here at MT over the last few years. :D

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@Yash Khan, it is not as good as IDM. Nothing is as good as IDM, but you'll like it, I'm sure. By the way, I have not noticed any speed difference opening ports on my router, I say it in case you do not want to do this step. ;)
I am a FDM user...........I have used FDM 3 for a very long time, never had probs, worked excellent & liked it.
I have tried FDM 5 for a short time........experience was the same as FDM 3 i.e worked excellent with no probs.

I have used IDM now for a year..........worked excellent with no probs.

I use download manager for download speed, video download feature & download management.......And I find FDM & IDM equally good for me i.e download speed, etc.. is the same for me.

IDM video download support many websites....IDM PLUS compared to FDM......supports only Youtube & couple.
FDM have Torrent download.......FDM PLUS

Opening ports on router..........you mean regards torrent, right?
I will see how it works for me & update you/here.......

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Thread author
Changes

Removed:
  • Norton Security Deluxe
  • AOMEI Backupper PRO
  • Cyberfox
Added:
  • Avast free (enable PUP's detection, Hardened Mode Aggressive and Suspicious Behavior High)
  • GlassWire (to conveniently view outgoing connections)
  • Veeam Endpoint Backup free
  • Waterfox
Well, I really like Norton´s power, :cool: but I do not like how it is structured, nor the decisions that it takes in certain cases, what it does that being very good antivirus, I do not feel at all comfortable with it.

The change I did to Backup is due to the fact that I really like Veeam. Is very easy to set up and performs excellently well its work. It is a little slower than Aomei but it produces very good sensations, 100% recommended

Changing my browser based on Firefox has been very simple. All of you who know me, know that I am a dog, an old fat dog lying in the sun and weighing very much the possibility of getting up.
Cyberfox, in each update, forces me to go back to configure my language and a couple of small more things, so now I have Waterfox. I use rarely browsers based on Firefox and when I want to use them, I do not want to waste time configuring
Old fat dog lying in the sun :oops:

Minor Changes:

I have replaced uBlock Origin by Adguard because I see the first very aggressive and sometimes prevented listening to radio online

Thinking about installing ZoneAlarm firewall free, but I fully rely on the Windows Firewall and Voodoo Shield team

Thanks for your tips :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Changes

Removed:
  • Norton Security Deluxe
  • AOMEI Backupper PRO
  • Cyberfox
Added:
  • Avast free (enable PUP's detection, Hardened Mode Aggressive and Suspicious Behavior High)
  • Waterfox
Well, I really like Norton´s power, :cool: but I do not like how it is structured, nor the decisions that it takes in certain cases, what it does that being very good antivirus, I do not feel at all comfortable with it.

The change I did to Backup is due to the fact that I really like Veeam. Is very easy to set up and performs excellently well its work. It is a little slower than Aomei but it produces very good sensations, 100% recommended

Changing my browser based on Firefox has been very simple. All of you who know me, know that I am a dog, an old fat dog lying in the sun and weighing very much the possibility of getting up.
Cyberfox, in each update, forces me to go back to configure my language and a couple of small more things, so now I have Waterfox. I use very little browsers based on Firefox and when I want to use them, I do not want to waste time configuring

Minor Changes:

I have replaced uBlock Origin by Adguard because I see the first very aggressive and sometimes prevented listening to radio online

Thinking about installing ZoneAlarm firewall free, but I fully rely on the Windows Firewall and Voodoo Shield team

Really good changes my friend ;)
Uhm, Veeam is a temptation for me :D

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Comodo firewall with cruel sisters settings and avast with your current settings is awesome and light. The only thing is that you will have to ditch voodooshield, because it will be redundant ;) thanks for sharing your awesomeness vato!

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Changes

Removed:
  • Norton Security Deluxe
  • AOMEI Backupper PRO
  • Cyberfox
Added:
  • Waterfox

Cyberfox, in each update, forces me to go back to configure my language and a couple of small more things, so now I have Waterfox. I use rarely browsers based on Firefox and when I want to use them, I do not want to waste time configuring

Minor Changes:

Some nice changes again :)
I'd given ZA FW a try first by your recommendation and now I'm loving it. I think you should get back to it since Windows FW literally covers a smaller domain of network connections security as compared to such FWs. You'll have an added advantage of process control too (depends on needs).
Since you've only Avast free in RT, you can use ZA FW in place of WFW and GlassWire (if you don't need visualizations, with ZA in your Arsenal).
We both coursed our backup setup to Veeam by Yash Khan's suggestion and it's definitely awesome. But I don't know why YK's profile is not available since a month. We'll had nice interactions with him for tons of things!

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Thread author
Hey my lazy friend some nice changes there, Waterfox is a good browser. ;)
You know me well, too lazy to be so lazy, but sometimes, rarely, I get to disguise it. Waterfox is a good addition in Lazieland. Thanks my dear froggy

Comodo firewall with cruel sisters settings and avast with your current settings is awesome and light. The only thing is that you will have to ditch voodooshield, because it will be redundant ;) thanks for sharing your awesomeness vato!

Thanks for your tip, But I do not feel comfortable with Comodo. Always miss something, browser extensions, little known programs ... I prefer the stability of other firewalls, although I recognize their enormous quality and extra features, but I prefer the convenience of ZoneAlarm. But I insist, thanks my vriend

Temptation day :)
Also Watefox is not bad, I had tried it long ago and I was pleasantly surprised ;)

I like programs designed by and for convenience, install and forget. Except for VS, which is sometimes annoying, but I need something like that to be "safe" against Ransomware. Thanks my friend

Some nice changes again :)
I'd given ZA FW a try first by your recommendation and now I'm loving it. I think you should get back to it since Windows FW literally covers a smaller domain of network connections security as compared to such FWs. You'll have an added advantage of process control too (depends on needs).
Since you've only Avast free in RT, you can use ZA FW in place of WFW and GlassWire (if you don't need visualizations, with ZA in your Arsenal).
We both coursed our backup setup to Veeam by Yash Khan's suggestion and it's definitely awesome. But I don't know why YK's profile is not available since a month. We'll had nice interactions with him for tons of things!

Yes, you're right. I'm missing the blue "Z" on my computer, plus I have a backup of my settings, so it should be no problem, maybe this morning ... Thanks my friend

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Thread author
Changes

Removed:
  • Waterfox
  • Cent Browser
  • VoodooShield PRO
  • Glasswire firewall
Added:
  • Yandex Browser
  • Vivaldi
  • SecureAPlus Premium
  • Binisoft Firewall Control paid version
  • Adguard Desktop
  • Kerish Doctor 2017
Well, let me explain, browser changes have been, above all, determined by the speed of navigation. I love Firefox (or firefox-based), but they slow down day by day in my system.

I have a license (beta tester) of VS PRO and I am moving it to my computers depending on my needs, so I have replaced it with SAP that also seems to me an excellent option

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Changes

Removed:
  • Waterfox
  • Cent Browser
  • VoodooShield PRO
  • Glasswire firewall
Added:
  • Yandex Browser
  • Vivaldi
  • SecureAPlus Premium
  • Binisoft Firewall Control paid version
  • Adguard Desktop
  • Kerish Doctor 2017
Well, let me explain, browser changes have been, above all, determined by the speed of navigation. I love Firefox (or firefox-based), but they slow down day by day in my system.

I have a license (beta tester) of VS PRO and I am moving it to my computers depending on my needs, so I have replaced it with SAP that also seems to me an excellent option
Having the paid version of VDS, do you keep the 'Allow by parent' disabled... if yes, is that irritating for regular use :D?
Why switch to Yandex Sr.?
I wished SAP giveaway was still on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.