starchilds config 22-03-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starchild76

Thread author
thanks for the reply guys! maybe I will add sandboxie later on ;)

S

starchild76

Thread author
upgraded my security :

added the following , 360 safe browser ( built in adblocker ) https everywhere , ghostery webutation.....
360 internet security , comodofirewall..... for online banking and payment affairs : bitdefender safepay....

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
upgraded my security :

added the following , 360 safe browser ( built in adblocker ) https everywhere , ghostery webutation.....
360 internet security , comodofirewall..... for online banking and payment affairs : bitdefender safepay....
Why not use google chrome?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
upgraded my security :

now I don't like it :p
previous one was excellent...

S

starchild76

Thread author
Why not use google chrome?

qihoo 360 browser uses a chromium engine , imo 360 browser is a bit faster than chrome....plus it has a built inn adblocker whoch works great and also has a built in webpage scanner.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Like @Littlebits said a thousand times, the main disadvantages of the other Chromium based Web-Browsers are the fact they update the Chromium engine too slow. So when Google Chrome updated to v34 there are Chrome-Derivatives that falls behind for ~ 2 versions or more (depending of developer). So that software, whatever addons they added for security or privacy are in fact vulnerable. Their Core is vulnerable.
The only Chrome alternative that maintains to follow up is Opera.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
qihoo 360 browser uses a chromium engine , imo 360 browser is a bit faster than chrome....plus it has a built inn adblocker whoch works great and also has a built in webpage scanner.
Yes.... it is faster than chrome... but after *One* Day i notice it gets slower.

S

starchild76

Thread author
After testing many configs with various security suites ( paid and free ) I have come to the conclusion that blood is thicker than water and that as the title of this thread already says : old love never dies. AVG certainly is not the best out there , I am well aware of that , but it seems its the only software that seems to sattisfy me :) it was the first av I have ever used since version 7 and I always keep comming back to them. I have also been a long time AVG hall of famer over on their facebook page where I help people out from time to time....
I have noticed the software runs more smooth on my machine the last time I have used it.

S

starchild76

Thread author
some aoftware I forgot to mention : Iobit driverbooster pro , Utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.