starchilds config 22-03-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starchild76

Thread author
tuneup utillities hase some handy features wich I like and I have got a lifetime license for this , so I am definately not going to let this one go to waste :) plus tuneup does compliment ccleaner well.

S

starchild76

Thread author
major overhaul on my config today , removed AVG Internet Security 2014 and Tuneup Utillities , due to some problems and stability over the last couple of days. whas really fun to deinstall them......NOT!!! the AVG Internet Installer did NOT work so I had to digg deep into my bag of tricks , to remove that sh*t....same goes for Tuneup utillities , what a nightmare to remove....thought that AVG whas wise enough to change their way , apperently it was wishfull thinking from my side!! now the big question? what to use : 360 Internet Security and Comodo Firewall or Windows Firewall Control , or 360 Total Security with Comodo Firewall or Windows Firewall Control???

added : wisecare 365 , Puran Defrag , Puran Registry Defrag

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaffa_Whacka

Level 2
Verified
May 24, 2014
Cant belive how old AVG is now.. Was the first ever Anti Virus i used 12 years ago.. See what you mean now by the old love never fades title. If it was me i would replace WinRar with 7Zip and remove Tune up and stick with Ccleaner and Privazer. But because of the title.. other than AVG i would use Avast as a free AV but because you love it stick with AVG better than nothing :)

Reactions: starchild76
S

starchild76

Thread author
Let us know how Avira Browser Safety is doing from time to time? And how does it compare to BitDefender Traffic Light?
And what is your start up time?

Kind regards,;)

From what I have noticed in the past , there is not much difference between avira'splugin and traficlight. My startup time is fairly good : about 40 seconds or so. webbrowsing is also quick , which I did not expected. @yigido : maybe later on , will see how this turns out : a shame that AVG did not improve their Identity Protection ( zeroday component ) yet , even now they implemented a sort of cloud lookup into it : quote from softwarcrew article " The programs also gain Outbreak Detection, which means users can now enjoy protection from outbreaks even before they’ve been identified and countered using traditional malware signatures. This zero-day protection is new to AVG, but has been a staple of other anti-malware products for years – it is, however, still a welcome improvement." but its detection of fresh samples is still mediocre , jasdev dhaliwal ( avg community manager ) said there are more new features added in november for avg security and a lot more for avg pctune up / tuneup utilities. so who know in what direction they are heading to , he did not elaberate to much on that.

Reactions: yigido and Moose
S

starchild76

Thread author
good config! add the On-demand Scanners: Hitman Pro or Emsisoft Emergency Kit
maybe you can use the Chrome Extensions: Avira Browser Safety or Web of Trust (WOT)

does the 360 webtreat plugin not have sufficient protection allready???

S

starchild76

Thread author
I liked the words "defence meganism"!:):) ..and also Online Armor Firewall!;)
How about a Gecko engine 64 bit browser? (..to bring balance to The Force!:D)

cats you always have a fancy way of saying things , just like shakespear......I like that , so I thought lets give it a go and try to copyCAT you :) but hey........I'm just standing in you're shadow like an intern or trainee :p

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Thanks for sharing your config, I like it..the one that really caught my eyes is 360 browser, how do you think about this browser? it is fast? secure? I heard about some folks saying it's using chromium engine (which I like it very much) but it's using the older version?
I'd like to test it, but if it's using an older version of chromium engine I think I have no reason to try it :(

cats you always have a fancy way of saying things , just like shakespear......I like that

I even think he is shakespear him self :p

Reactions: starchild76
S

starchild76

Thread author
Thanks for sharing your config, I like it..the one that really caught my eyes is 360 browser, how do you think about this browser? it is fast? secure? I heard about some folks saying it's using chromium engine (which I like it very much) but it's using the older version?
I'd like to test it, but if it's using an older version of chromium engine I think I have no reason to try it :(

I even think he is shakespear him self :p

yes 360 browser is indeed an older chromium based built , but I only use it as a secondary browser. this browser is faster than chrome , and I like its layout :)

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.