StartAllBack: Windows 11 from better timeline

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
To be clear, the only thing I really miss from Win 10 to Win 11 is to be able to copy to, move to, I've forced myself to adjust to everything else and have but having to drag and drop, to me is so imprecise, Lincoln Logish :giggle:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
To be clear, the only thing I really miss from Win 10 to Win 11 is to be able to copy to, move to, I've forced myself to adjust to everything else and have but having to drag and drop, to me is so imprecise, Lincoln Logish :giggle:
You can have "copy to" and "move to" but only with the whole W10 Explorer enabled in SAB. You can't modify W11 Explorer in that way.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
You can have "copy to" and "move to" but only with the whole W10 Explorer enabled in SAB. You can't modify W11 Explorer in that way.
Right, I used to use Ultimate Windows Tweeker for getting that back but I don't think that dev has kept up with all the changes in Win 11 and the other well known apps for modifying go to far for me, like you say, keep it simple, I insist on that (y)

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Right, I used to use Ultimate Windows Tweeker for getting that back but I don't think that dev has kept up with all the changes in Win 11 and the other well known apps for modifying go to far for me, like you say, keep it simple, I insist on that (y)
Yeah, otherwise things can get sketchy. But so far I'm finding it's not buggy at all and seems well-developed.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
To keep things simple, you can do this if you want:

Save this in Notepad as whatever.reg and run it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Copy To folder
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

; Move To folder
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.