Started with "BrowserModifier:Win32/Suptab!blnk", now hijacking accounts

Amalgam

New Member
I'm at the end of the line here. My friend downloaded a suspicious program from Sourceforge and I can't get rid of the malware that came along with it. I consider myself a tech-savy person but I just can't find the source of this evil thing that's infected my computer. I've uploaded an MBR check and the FRST logs including shortcuts.

The main reason I know the malware still exists is that it keeps writing in redirects to sweetpageurl on chrome. I can remove them manually or through anti-malware but they keep reappearing. I am in serious need of help or I might have to reformat and lose about 500 pdfs worth of medical study notes.

Please help me!
 

Attachments

Hello,


FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

    2873ryc.png

  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.
 
I think chrome refuses to let anything change the secure preferences file that the sweetpageurl thing is on. So every time I try to remove it, I get a "Chrome detected that some of your settings were corrupted by another program and reset them to their original defaults." message in chrome's settings. It's all because I sync my chrome through my google account. Any solutions?
 
That did the trick. The question now is if my phone has been infected by the original virus since it was connected to my computer through a USB. And also if my online accounts were compromised considering that it sent spam links on skype.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top