Solved Staying with Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Guys, I'm really confuse right now. I don't know if I will upgrade my pc to Windows 8 or I will just stick with Windows 7. W7 or W8??? :confused:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
To windows 8 Update 1.

Windows 8.1 new logo 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I'm currently running the newest windows 8.1. It's running well for me and I haven't really ran into any issues with it. I use startisback for my windows menu and it boots right into the desktop.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Unless you can get an upgrade for free, I don't see the reason to leave Win 7. Why the interest in going to Win 8?
I have a purchased Windows 8. :) Been using Windows 8 since November 2012, then I decided to switch to Windows 7. All was running smooth until I upgraded my PC to Windows 8 again, last December. After a few weeks, I encountered a very serious problem, I started to get a BSOD and my PC got stuck in an endless loop of BSOD. I lost all my personal files. :( Anyways, I didn't encountered any major problems for almost 5 months since I downgraded my PC from W8.

Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Also, they release updates which they themselves are not sure about. Firstly the removed the start button, then they bring an update to bring back that button. Also recent update on windows 8.1 wherein they added a power button next to user account on start menu.????? Seems they have nothing left but to goof up and bluff the customers!!!! Sorry Microsoft. Not worth buying the idea!!!

Upvote 0

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
With new and different OS systems, we all feel (as in life) torn between choices. We wisely base our decisions upon which path is said to be the better, and even the forest of Mirkwood... I mean, the dreaded blue screen of death, cannot dissuade (most of..) us from our quest to save Middle Earth... err,:rolleyes: *shakes head*:confused: (where was I..?)o_O
Ah, yes.;):p Is it worth leaving the comfort & security of Windows 7 for the Newer 8/8.1 update 1 version?
If you have (or can access) an older, unused, or otherwise forgotten computer that has hardware that can support either Windows 7 or 8, you might be able to use both!:) I've a neighbor with an older HP tower in her garage that's full of programs, documents, & (I'm certain of this..) photos! She is not ready to give any of this up, not yet. This is also why her perfectly good computer system lives out in the garage, sort of like a:eek: loathsome creature that never sees the light of day whilst holding close to something quite 'precous'! I might suggest she upgrade as it probably runs XP,:rolleyes: and I could even give her my disc image of Linux lubuntu (downloaded free) which she can test drive before installing, but I digress.

It is, after all, nice to have any reliable OS system that works, and Windows 7 is still quite a gem! Until the time comes when you no longer have that choice, you have all your choices open to you; and that makes them all good ones!:cool: Btw, that was not a blue face of death with sunglasses!:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
I don't experience any problem with windows 8.1 and I like it more than win 7.. If you purchased a license then I think you should use it ;)
Give it a clean install and don't stack layers of security softwares. Maybe some security software conflicts with windows operation. Just keep one good AV + anti-malware/anti-exe/whitelisting. If you are a responsible user then an AV is all you need. Use Firefox/chrome with add-ons.

Upvote 0

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I have a purchased Windows 8. :) Been using Windows 8 since November 2012, then I decided to switch to Windows 7. All was running smooth until I upgraded my PC to Windows 8 again, last December. After a few weeks, I encountered a very serious problem, I started to get a BSOD and my PC got stuck in an endless loop of BSOD. I lost all my personal files. :( Anyways, I didn't encountered any major problems for almost 5 months since I downgraded my PC from W8.
You're using Shadow defender all the time?

Upvote 0

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Windows 8.1 Update 1 for me is the best... according to my needs. I don't have any software that is Windows 8.1 - incompatible.

8.1 is much faster than Windows 7, and more secure. I admit though that I seldom use the modern apps (I only have a netbook, screen resolution is too low. I have to temporarily hack my screen resolution just to use some modern apps).

I simply take advantage of 8.1's new robust features, like speed and security.

It depends now on how you use your computer. If you prefer good desktop experience, stick with 7.

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I don't experience any problem with windows 8.1 and I like it more than win 7.. If you purchased a license then I think you should use it ;)
Give it a clean install and don't stack layers of security softwares. Maybe some security software conflicts with windows operation. Just keep one good AV + anti-malware/anti-exe/whitelisting. If you are a responsible user then an AV is all you need. Use Firefox/chrome with add-ons.
I have CIS, Webroot, McShield, NVT Exe Radar installed as my first-line of defense. What should I remove?

Windows 8.1 Update 1 for me is the best... according to my needs. I don't have any software that is Windows 8.1 - incompatible.

8.1 is much faster than Windows 7, and more secure. I admit though that I seldom use the modern apps (I only have a netbook, screen resolution is too low. I have to temporarily hack my screen resolution just to use some modern apps).

I simply take advantage of 8.1's new robust features, like speed and security.

It depends now on how you use your computer. If you prefer good desktop experience, stick with 7.
I'm using Shadow Defender only for on-demand purposes. I've experienced a lot of problem with W8 but not with W8.1 since I didn't update my W8. I'm more of a gamer, so what's best for my PC W7 or W8?

Unless you do not downgrade to xp or vista, stick with win7 , if you plan to buy a touchscreen , you may go for win8.1 ,

Now , I can confirm wn8.1 is better than win7 :)
I'm using HP touch-screen PC bro.

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

stay with Windows 7.because windows 8 should had been in a smart phone for an UI like that

seems people just blame Win8 for its UI without ever go deep inside it; i don't care of the UI, it is what is inside the OS that interest me; and for that Win8 beat Win7 dozen times.

simple comparison exercice with cars:

Win7 is a an old good Ford, you are used to it , it works well , you have the basic seatbelt & airbags, you don't have many issues and if you like tuning, you have plenty of garage with compatible pieces. The only "problem" is that it accelerate a bit slow and uses lot of gasoline.

Now Win8 is the brand new Porsche, it is faster , stronger , use less gasoline , accelerate in a blink of an eye; you have seatbelt, airbags, collision alarm, ABS breaks, reinforced structueres, etc... the only problem is that you don't like its appearance and your old tuning pieces can't work well in this version.

what you choose?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.