Expired Sticky Password 8 Premium One year License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
@MalwareTracker it depends of what you call "better".

I never feel comfortable handing my passwords to a cloud based system which I can't controll or audit...

For Keepass it might be that you can't check if the implementation of AES256, ChaCha or what ever is correct but you have another layer of security by taking control of the location / access of your encrypted data...
sticky password also allows you to choose if you want your encrypted data synced with their cloud or not from what i can tell?
you can sync via their cloud service to other devices, or over a local wifi network, or not at all it says

FAQ: What is the difference between local synchronization and cloud synchronization?
"Local syncing is a new feature that you sync your devices with each other using only your local network or Wi-Fi. Syncing takes place over your Wi-Fi – your encrypted database never goes out to the cloud."

Reactions: shukla44
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Stickypassword can cause conflicts with some random programs. For example I had to disable it each time I wanted to use Constant Contact for nearly a year until Sticky fixed it. Really annoying. Sometimes it worries me how much Sticky injects into things if it can cause these sorts of issues. But to be honest, that worry is probably unfounded. Stickypassword has never had a compromise that I can find, and a lot of people I trust in IT swear by it. (including Kaspersky, lol) I am still taking a serious look at Bit Warden right now, asking a lot of questions from the developer and testing it over a few months.

Be careful with Roboform;

How secure is #Roboform? The 5 minute challenge.

Roboform Security Revisited: Lies, Deception & Misnomers.

Last edited by a moderator:

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
Stickypassword can cause conflicts with some random programs. For example I had to disable it each time I wanted to use Constant Contact for nearly a year until Sticky fixed it. Really annoying. Sometimes it worries me how much Sticky injects into things if it can cause these sorts of issues. But to be honest, that worry is probably unfounded. Stickypassword has never had a compromise that I can find, and a lot of people I trust in IT swear by it. (including Kaspersky, lol) I am still taking a serious look at Bit Warden right now, asking a lot of questions from the developer and testing it over a few months.

Be careful with Roboform;

How secure is #Roboform? The 5 minute challenge.

Roboform Security Revisited: Lies, Deception & Misnomers.
I never really thought I would have any use for the secure notes feature that you were talking about and how bitwarden doesn't have that yet, but after looking into it more, I can see the appeal lol.

One feature bit Warden has that sticky doesn't seem to (or I haven't found yet at least) is the ability to share certain passwords with other users. Ex, I have my own bitwarden account and so does my gf. We both have our own usernames and passwords for a financial website, and sometimes log into the other person's username to do stuff. I setup my username/password for rbc.com and so does she, under our own bit Warden account. Then we put our RBC username/password on a list called "financial" and proceed to share that list with each other. If either of us ever changes username or password for RBC, the other person automatically has access to the new username or password. This beats having both people's info saved into my account and vice versa, so there's no need to remember to update things for both people whenever one person makes a change to a shared website

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I never really thought I would have any use for the secure notes feature that you were talking about and how bitwarden doesn't have that yet, but after looking into it more, I can see the appeal lol.

One feature bit Warden has that sticky doesn't seem to (or I haven't found yet at least) is the ability to share certain passwords with other users. Ex, I have my own bitwarden account and so does my gf. We both have our own usernames and passwords for a financial website, and sometimes log into the other person's username to do stuff. I setup my username/password for rbc.com and so does she, under our own bit Warden account. Then we put our RBC username/password on a list called "financial" and proceed to share that list with each other. If either of us ever changes username or password for RBC, the other person automatically has access to the new username or password. This beats having both people's info saved into my account and vice versa, so there's no need to remember to update things for both people whenever one person makes a change to a shared website

I never realized it had that feature, very nice and another reason why I need to keep taking a serious look at Bit Warden. Have you ever contacted their support? They answer within minutes, even at 10PM at night.. Seriously! I asked the guy about backups in the event of database corruption and he responded in 5 minutes or so last night.. Sheesh.

Paypal broke Sticky autofill today with their new dumb looking login.. I need to see if Bit Warden already fixed it..

Anyway, Stickypassword notes are GREAT. I have over 100+ notes in it. Simple things like passwords that you don't autofill yet I toss them in there as backup. Licenses for my software products I purchase, those go in there. SSID keys. Safe combos, all in there. If I switched to Bit Warden before the 'notes' feature gets added I will need to use Turtl for my secure notes or something...

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
What do you mean multiple choice logins?
I think it means, site on which a user have multiple accounts & user's password manager giving a choice to login from which ever account user wants.

Previously, sticky password had more tedious multiple choice login option, but now it has improved. That is my 2 cents.

Regards.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Sorry if I sounded too vague about "multiple choice logins". Yes exactly this:
I think it means, site on which a user have multiple accounts & user's password manager giving a choice to login from which ever account user wants
I recently tried SP and it just offers empty window, I had to choose the necessary login from the hidden menu. Lastpass offers the last used login - what is more convenient as usually other logins are rarely used.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
I think it means, site on which a user have multiple accounts & user's password manager giving a choice to login from which ever account user wants.

Previously, sticky password had more tedious multiple choice login option, but now it has improved. That is my 2 cents.
Regards.
Thank you for explanation :) now I understand.
Yes this feature being user friendly and easy to use would be a plus for sure, or show up all of the possible usernames for whatever website in a drop down thing, like how Chrome's feature does
Sorry if I sounded too vague about "multiple choice logins". Yes exactly this:

I recently tried SP and it just offers empty window, I had to choose the necessary login from the hidden menu. Lastpass offers the last used login - what is more convenient as usually other logins are rarely used.
If sticky offers a drop down list like chrome does, then I am ok with that method as I'm already used to Chrome's method. Even if it involves a right click.

But if sticky can come up with some other way then I would hope they allow users to choose which method they prefer

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Their support is pretty quick. I had some problem and wrote them on Friday, the answer was on Monday. It takes much longer with Lastpass, though I have their lic. I would consider to use SP if it would be enough to use browser extension only, like in LP.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
currently switched to Roboform from Keepass. very satisfied.

I may try this as well. Been having some issues with Lastpass on my Android of late. To the point where I may switch.

EDIT: On another note, has anyone ever tried SafeInCloud?

iAwake

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
tried it for the sake of changing stuff up, but i didn't like it, browser extensions are clunky and the settings in the app seems barebones.
plus the way it does 2FA... or i'm just too used to Keepass.

either way ,thanks :D

I agree with you, I'm partial to Keepass myself. Using a trial of Abine Blur right now.

You can try Enpass it is for free for Desktops. Here's the link.
BTW I am using both Enpass and Sticky Password. Both are great products especially when you get Sticky Password lifetime for 14.99$ lol.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.