Sticky Password receives updates

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have used Sticky Password for a very long time, but stopped using it for it have not received updates for about 9 months which is not good security-wise. Recently Sticky Password has been updated and here are the release notes:

Release Notes
Sticky Password for Windows​

Build 8.2.8.6 (Dec 23, 2020)​

• Improved stability and performance
  • Build 8.2.8.5 (Dec 23, 2020)​

• Build 8.2.8.4 (Dec 12, 2020)​

• Improved autofill for websites
      • Added support for Brave Browser
      • Fixed compatibility with Citrix Workspace App

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Sticky passwords needs a serious uplift in the interface. It looks like Windows 95 software sometimes... But it is a very good password manager.
I do agree about the interface, but I do believe they’ve done a great job when it comes to optimising the programme. It runs smoothly.

Reactions: mlnevese

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I do agree about the interface, but I do believe they’ve done a great job when it comes to optimising the programme. It runs smoothly.

It does but they have to improve the browser plugins. When you dismiss it, it returns immediately. I have lost count how many times it kept in m y way while I was trying to fill some detail in a web form...,

Last edited:

sg09

Level 2
Verified
Apr 3, 2019
I am nowadays trying to get accustomed with Sticky Password. I hate the unlock pop-up I receive when I turn-on the PC. Is there any option in the settings to stop that? I have no problem that it runs on startup, but just want it to sit on tray quietly. I can anytime call it via hotkey to unlock.

P.S. I know that I can just withdraw it from Windows Startup, setup a hotkey to call it to run on-demand, and then only it can ask for password. But would be easy if they just had such an option in the GUI to stop prompting to unlock at startup.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I am nowadays trying to get accustomed with Sticky Password. I hate the unlock pop-up I receive when I turn-on the PC. Is there any option in the settings to stop that? I have no problem that it runs on startup, but just want it to sit on tray quietly. I can anytime call it via hotkey to unlock.

P.S. I know that I can just withdraw it from Windows Startup, setup a hotkey to call it to run on-demand, and then only it can ask for password. But would be easy if they just had such an option in the GUI to stop prompting to unlock at startup.
Well this bothered me too, so I disabled it from startup and I launch it manually when I need it.

G

Guilhermesene

Yes, that option exists. It also bothered me a lot about that at system startup.

Sticky.png

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.