Open MalwareTips in Safari and tap Share. You may need to open the Page Menu first.
Choose Add to Home Screen. If it is not listed, use Edit Actions to add it.
Keep Open as Web App enabled if shown, then tap Add.
Android
Open MalwareTips in Chrome or another browser that supports app installation.
Open the browser menu and look for Install app, Install and create shortcut, or Add to Home screen.
Choose Install and confirm. Wording varies by browser.
Desktop
Chrome: use the install icon in the address bar, or the menu under Cast, save and share.
Edge: open the menu, then More tools, Apps and Install this site as an app.
Safari on Mac: choose Share or File, then Add to Dock. Firefox on Windows: look for the web apps button in the address bar.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Keep up with your conversations
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Please help! I hate this thing so much!
I posted that I ran an OTL LOG, but I tried both an OTL LOG and an aswMBR LOG, but they both kept telling me the webpage was unavailable when I tried to install them!
Note that the removal process is not immediate. Depending on the severity of your infection, it could take a long time.
Malware removal can be dangerous. I cannot guarantee the safety of your system as malware can be unpredictable. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system. Therefore, I would advise you to backup all your important files before we start.
Please be patient and stay with me until I give you the green lights and inform you that your PC is clean.
Like everyone, I have a private life, so be patient with me. Sometimes I will respond immediately, sometimes it will take a coupe hours.
Some tools may be flagged by your antivirus as harmful. Rest assure that ALL the tools we use are safe, the detections are false positives.
The absence of symptoms does not mean your PC is fully disinfected.
If you are unclear about the instructions, please stop and ask. Following the steps in the order that I post them in is vital.
Lastly, if you have requested help on other sites, that will delay and hinder the removal process. Please only stick to one site.
Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
Please download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool.
Select Yes if prompted to download the Avast database.
Click Scan
Upon completion of the scan ( Scan finished successfully ) click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review. Note:do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Unpack the archive...
Close any open browsers
Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary) If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool . Please wait while the tool does not start...
Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
Code:
emptyclsid;
shortcutfix;
emptyalltemp;
autoclean;
Click on
button. Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"
Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Recently browsing
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes