still redirected by secure.insightexpressai.com virus

lenofi

Thread author
Jun 4, 2015
Hi I am not tech savvy so please bear with me...
I have a redirect virus which involves secure(dot)insightexpressa(dot)com so I used the blog post with five steps of malware removal from your site (http://malwaretips.com/blogs/secure-insightexpressai-com-removal/) but it still redirects my homepage in internet explorer.
Initially, my updated Norton antivirus did not even detect it, so I didn't know anything was wrong until it randomly started redirecting my homepage...but it doesn't even redirect it to a proper site: it says access is denied because the URL may be incorrect. So luckily it didn't actually load a scary virus-y site. Anyway, I followed all the instructions from the blog post here but it still redirects me to the broken link error page.
Should I be worried, even if none of those found any threats? Should I just not use IE ever again?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.