Advice Request StopAd for Windows - Anyone using it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
StopAd launched its AI-based ad blocking that detects advertisements like a human being. It is even able to distinguish so-called native ads that are intentionally imitating the website’s content format and style.

What’s Under The Hood Of Our AI?

As a result of our research and development, we have been able to combine machine learning and computer vision. Our computer vision is built on convolutional neural networks based on InceptionV3 architecture. Our approach has resulted in a technology with high accuracy — 0.18% false positive rate. We intentionally abandoned OCR & NLP technologies. Only teaching AI to recognize the ad marking (adchoices, “sponsored by” label…) would be a short-term solution to the problem. Adtech is developing, and an ad blocking system should be more intuitive and flexible.

Read more below

Like A Human: How AI Ad Blocking Is Changing the Game

There's a FREE version and a PRO (paid) version

The PRO version looks worthy of buying

• Blocks common types of ads, including banners and pop-ups
  • Blocks advanced types of ads on Facebook, Google search, and YouTube
  • Quick 24/7 Support
  • Customizable rules
  • No ad exceptions ever
  • Works in all major browsers and apps with one installation
  • Blocks crypto-mining scripts on websites
  • Blocks ad trackers
  • Protects you from phishing websites and malware distribution

Download StopAd for Windows—The Most Effective Ad Blocker!

Some reviews here

StopAd is rated "Great" with 8.2 / 10 on Trustpilot

It even has support for android & iOS. Android version here

Download StopAd for Android, get rid of mobile ads - StopAd

Installation for android version here

Introducing StopAd for Android - StopAd

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just downloaded the android version and tried.

- It needs a VPN connection
- NO root needed
- The app is ads free

Last edited:

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Just downloaded the android version and tried.

- It needs a VPN connection
- NO root needed
- The app is ads free
I don't have an android device with me. Is there any limitation on the android app? I mean any paid features in the android app.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I don't have an android device with me. Is there any limitation on the android app? I mean any paid features in the android app.
Looks to me like its freeware. I can't find any indication of that if you mean there's a PRO android version.

Reactions: samit

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
It does not looks trustworthy. It displays reviews from users and as if that was not bad enough, a deceptive advertisement about Ordinary Ad Blockers.

Attachments

• capture_02272018_105800.jpg
    capture_02272018_105800.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 757

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just installed the Windows version. The PRO version is installed and allow for 3 days of trial after which it'll revert to the FREE version

It can manual block elements and auto create filtering rules for that. Also, it filters HTTPS ads

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.