Marko :)

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Hello guys! :)

I have one weird problem. When I want to watch YouTube videos on evening, I can't watch them in 1080p or 720p because of constant buffering. It's happening only on one laptop and only on evenings. While I can watch 1080p videos during day normally, I can't watch it on evenings because video loading speed is around 5200 kbps (at least that's what YouTube stats say). I've also tried connecting laptop with cable but speed stays the same. Funny thing, on desktop PC and other devices videos are loading normally all the time (with speed around 50000 kbps) no matter when I watch it so Internet connection is not problem. I've literally tried everything except reinstalling Windows and that's my last option. o_O

Anyone got any ideas what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I found one, but get ready for the possibility this might fail as it is from another manufacturer (as in not a "generally compatible" driver, installers may check for the laptop model and refuse to install if they don't find a matching one - it may still very well work, you'll find out only if you try). If it fails to install, you can try unpacking the installer package and use just the drivers.

You also have to get ready for the possibility of a BSOD. If you don't feel comfortable or you do not know the procedure of removing a driver from "safe mode" or sometimes by booting from a WinPE/Linux usb flash drive, better not do it:

Drivers & Software - HP Support Center.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I found one, but get ready for the possibility this might fail as it is from another manufacturer (as in not a "generally compatible" driver, installers may check for the laptop model and refuse to install if they don't find a matching one - it may still very well work, you'll find out only if you try). If it fails to install, you can try unpacking the installer package and use just the drivers.

You also have to get ready for the possibility of a BSOD. If you don't feel comfortable or you do not know the procedure of removing a driver from "safe mode" or sometimes by booting from a WinPE/Linux usb flash drive, better not do it:

Drivers & Software - HP Support Center.
I'll install it when using Shadow Defender so it doesn't make any damage to current drivers. Installing Wireless drivers doesn't require restart so it might work. Thanks!

EDIT: Installed those drivers, I still have high DCPs but nevermind. Laptop is working fine. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.