Status
Not open for further replies.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
May i recommend WiseCleaner, there should be a free license somewhere in Giveaways. Most utilities offer free trials, so try them if they offer trials. I like option 1 and 3, then Wisecleaner :) its was or is free and I am a starving student.

Edit: I have seen 1 and 4 as some xmas giveaways... read too many thread today, so can't remember where I have seen it.

This joke is for those who follows the Egg Hunt: Its at the Avast Forums, LoL! it has to be there as That is where I was all morning!

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
AVG Optimization (formerly known as TuneUp Utilities) is good however many reviews stated to be overrated and prone for possible issues. The feature that they want is Program Deactivator only.

Actually go to number 3 Kerish Doctor, I didn't experience any issues further and manage to detect more junks in such timing way without False positive.

The features from Kerish Doctor will not pose any risk at all. :) Alreay proven.

R

Rodney74

Kerish is safest, and doesn't need to run in background....

BUT I LOVE the idea about AVG putting programs to sleep, until you click on them, when done, AVG puts them back to sleep.

Now I noticed System Mechanic has ability to turn off auto maintenance, so like Kerish, it doesn't run in the background.

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
I liked AVG PC Tune Up (formerly TuneUp utilities I think), and the product is still very good, however now AVG have taken it over I am put off by the fact it puts up browser adverts for AVG products when you aren't using you computer for a while, something I dont expect in a paid for product. That and their very poor, and downright unfriendly, support line and I am put off upgrading. Given that though the product itself is nice and allows you to do things like disable programs being in memory till you use them (putting programs to sleep as Rodney74 says), optimise startup, clean up your cache etc, and clean and defrag your registry (though a lot of people say this is not that important now). Ive never had any technical issues with TuneUp (apart from the browser adverts) and it runs quietly in the background, and my laptops been extremely stable and fast with it.

Winutilities I wasn't that impressed with. I'm trying Glary Utilities at the moment and a few of the giveaway sites are offering giveaway licenses for this. It seems to have a nice interface and is fairly comprehensive. Its Chinese though, and I'm afraid I'm always dubious of Chinese software, but it seems clean and no adverts or attempts to load unwanted stuff.

Kerish Doctor I'm not familiar with, but others seem to like it, so it might be the best.

Most of these products have a try before you buy option.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
pardon my ignorance, but what will Kerish do for me?
I mean, is there a reason why I should install this app?

At present, I run Process Lasso at default settings (with the exception of certain vulnerable processes, which I use PL to disallow them).
I also run CCleaner every once in a while, for registry cleaning and general cleaning.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
pardon my ignorance, but what will Kerish do for me?
I mean, is there a reason why I should install this app?

At present, I run Process Lasso at default settings (with the exception of certain vulnerable processes, which I use PL to disallow them).
I also run CCleaner every once in a while, for registry cleaning and general cleaning.
Well, I got your point, it does not exist a crucial reason, as the same for other optimization apps.
You can earn something in terms of stability and speed, but none of these apps is necessary or fundamental.

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
I have tried all of them options u listed and out of just them i must say kerish is by far the best option there, its got a clean UI, Not bundled with useless stuff you do not need and it gets the job done and its real time protection is pretty cool to install and you can just leave it its also very safe and i have not heard of anyone having issues with it at all, but what is safe? I have tried many softwares and used every feature registry cleaners, drive cleaners etc and i have never had an issues, unless you turn of settings etc that you need then its your own fault not the software but most of these softwares are tested enough not to cause issues and work perfectly on any machine.

Second option would be ashampoo winoptimizer, 3rd would be avg.

Im using kerish right now with ccleaner+ccenhancer

Reactions: tim one
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.