Battle SUMo Pro vs Patch My PC Updater

don_dolarson

Dec 15, 2020
I've just tested RuckZuck and Patch My PC and can't tell you I've been impressed by any of them. RuckZuck failed to find Audacity and Notepad++ updates (there are newer versions of them available), such popular applications... though they both exist in its repository for downloading. It went smooth with updating GOG client in RuckZuck however, Patch My PC couldn't find an available update for it, and it's the same here - this application is on the list. I guess I'll stick to the SUMO and DUMO since I block almost every program in the firewall and look for updates manually, it will fit me better, I guess.

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
I've just tested RuckZuck and Patch My PC and can't tell you I've been impressed by any of them. RuckZuck failed to find Audacity and Notepad++ updates (there are newer versions of them available), such popular applications... though they both exist in its repository for downloading. It went smooth with updating GOG client in RuckZuck however, Patch My PC couldn't find an available update for it, and it's the same here - this application is on the list. I guess I'll stick to the SUMO and DUMO since I block almost every program in the firewall and look for updates manually, it will fit me better, I guess.

Thanks !!

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I tried RuckZuck for a time, and found it dodgy when in gave me 32-bit updates for 64-bit installations, and it ran too quietly, so I was never sure whether updates were being installed, and whether I could close the app.

don_dolarson

Dec 15, 2020
I tried RuckZuck for a time, and found it dodgy when in gave me 32-bit updates for 64-bit installations, and it ran too quietly, so I was never sure whether updates were being installed, and whether I could close the app.
When I've updated the only one application through RuckZuck, another small window/popup opened immediately with the progress of downloading and installing so it ran not so quietly. I've now tested the SUMo and I'm satisfied how it works. I fits my style of blocking internet connection for almost all my programs when they want access to the internet, and being informed about updates through one application supposed to check for updates for all of them. I liked it very much.

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
When I've updated the only one application through RuckZuck, another small window/popup opened immediately with the progress of downloading and installing so it ran not so quietly. I've now tested the SUMo and I'm satisfied how it works. I fits my style of blocking internet connection for almost all my programs when they want access to the internet, and being informed about updates through one application supposed to check for updates for all of them. I liked it very much.
Great ! FYI, SUMo also gives 32/64 distinct notifications when relevan.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.