Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Nice config, I think Bitdefender Free + Zemana Antilogger is a good combo.
You can also try Macrium for OS images, it is fast and reliable and you can create a boot CD to restore the computer in case of critical problems.
Thanks for sharing :)

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello, thanks for sharing.
If you need a password manager, I recommend Lastpass (on the cloud) or Keepass + Keefox extension (local DB)
For system backup, I've discovered Macrium Reflect Free after reading this forum. It's easy and fast.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
You don't need ABP when you've Adguard installed for Edge, do you?
It ain't clear if you practice backing up the system using the mentioned software.
I recommend using a Windows Firewall controller like Binisoft WFC or TinyWall (default protection mode ain't enough in WFW), or use a free 3rd party FW like ZoneAlarm.
You can add on-demand scanners like HitmanPro. Rest looks nice :)

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Backup like guru's above mentions, Macrium/Veeam etc good choises. Firefox user... so consider NoScript addon for extra layer. No password manager needed if you have VERY good memory (like i have, hehehe!) or pen and piece of paper.(paranoia). OD scanner, you could consider, like NPE or something like guru's above already mention. (zemana/NPE= good combo).

Thanks for sharing, stay safe!

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Backup like guru's above mentions, Macrium/Veeam etc good choises. Firefox user... so consider NoScript addon for extra layer. No password manager needed if you have VERY good memory (like i have, hehehe!) or pen and piece of paper.(paranoia). OD scanner, you could consider, like NPE or something like guru's above already mention. (zemana/NPE= good combo).

Thanks for sharing, stay safe!

No need for password manager neither for me. I use creative unusual passwords which are easy to remember :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.