SuperAntispyware Pro Vs Malwarebytes Premium

Product name
SuperAntispyware Pro
Pros
  • Found and cleared malware from my system which already had malwarebytes Premium.
CONS
Scanning takes a lot of resources.
BOTTOM LINE
Superantispyware has a better detection rate for sure.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
DinbxU8.png

To determine if it's FP or not, please expand the [+], and it will show you the locations.

The PUP may be installers that included toolbars or additional sponsored software.

Tracking cookies are harmless and can be cleared using your web browser, CCleaner or other privacy tool.

Reactions: trainbus120

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware are both install on my PC's. Malwarebtyes Anti-Malwarehas been very buggy with the newest/latests Windows 8.1 updates. Also, their have been conflicts with Emsisoft Anti-Malware! As of May 04,2014. I completely remove Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware from all my PC's. Early this morning and my PC's are back to normal. Quick and lightening fast!
images

Reactions: alexp79

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware are both install on my PC's. Malwarebtyes Anti-Malwarehas been very buggy with the newest/latests Windows 8.1 updates. Also, their have been conflicts with Emsisoft Anti-Malware! As of May 04,2014. I completely remove Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware from all my PC's. Early this morning and my PC's are back to normal. Quick and lightening fast!
images

Just use the 1.75 Version?

Will you continue supporting my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75?

Yes, we will continue to support Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 free and paid (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro) with regular database updates. You will still be protected from new threats.
Source
https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/e...es-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-2-0-mean-for-me-

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avoid using the Pro/Premium versions if you're already using an AV with real-time protection. Another scanner doesn't have any potential benefits, only a drag on performance, logically speaking. Instead think about sandboxing your browser sessions or using a Standard user account.

@Moose I'm using MBAM Free 1.75 on Windows 8.1 Update 1 64-bit with no problems. Remember to un-check Download and Notify of any program updates, in the Updater Settings.
upload_2014-5-7_17-30-49.png

Additionally, I've created 2 shortcuts on the desktop using command parameters to allow Malwarebytes perform two simple actions; Update and Quick Scan then Close. Remember to un-check "Open log file.." from the General Settings.

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
Only problem i have with Malwarebytes is the high cpu usage (i use slower system)
i use both programs and i have to say that Malwarebytes takes this hands down even with half of its database

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware(Premium) 2.02.1012 and Malwarebtyes Anti-Exploit Home (Premium) on Windows 8.1.Pro running smooth after removing Hitman Pro!:)

Josh91500

Apr 16, 2015
I use SAS, malwarebytes, and ccleaner. All three combined usually work well at keeping my laptop secutlre and clean l. I found if i use ccleaner pro it works a lot better than the free version.
Any thoughts on using all three at the same time?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I use SAS, malwarebytes, and ccleaner. All three combined usually work well at keeping my laptop secutlre and clean l. I found if i use ccleaner pro it works a lot better than the free version.
Any thoughts on using all three at the same time?

Well in my view stick to CCleaner Free as the effectiveness of cleaning still same from PRO version, the main difference is it will give you monitoring for changes to clean which optional to turn off.

A full AV + MBAM/SAS on demand scanners are fine cause they are not guaranteed to protect all around of threats only from recent or latest ones.

Josh91500

Apr 16, 2015
Well in my view stick to CCleaner Free as the effectiveness of cleaning still same from PRO version, the main difference is it will give you monitoring for changes to clean which optional to turn off.

A full AV + MBAM/SAS on demand scanners are fine cause they are not guaranteed to protect all around of threats only from recent or latest ones.

So what would say is the best combination of AV and Cleaners out there for your computer.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So what would say is the best combination of AV and Cleaners out there for your computer.

Cleaner: As I mentioned is CCleaner, pretty fine at all system as possible.

For AV as I used Windows 8 then only Windows Defender + Common Sense. ;)
Caused I've never going to any pesky websites/downloading stuffs on my real system, everything are done on virtual machine upon testing.

Other alternatives, it can be Avast Free, Avira Free, AVG or Qihoo 360 (multi engine) for full protection.

Josh91500

Apr 16, 2015
Cleaner: As I mentioned is CCleaner, pretty fine at all system as possible.

For AV as I used Windows 8 then only Windows Defender + Common Sense. ;)
Caused I've never going to any pesky websites/downloading stuffs on my real system, everything are done on virtual machine upon testing.

Other alternatives, it can be Avast Free, Avira Free, AVG or Qihoo 360 (multi engine) for full protection.

I do a lot of downloading. So i need something. Ill try them out and see what best fits.

mecanicogolf

Level 1
Jan 7, 2015
The BEST system combination (Windows 7) that exists, in my opinion, is what I have installed and nothing can get past you. And, if you want, it´s all free! MSE...MBAM...and MBAE. MSE is OK alone but sometimes OK is not enough. MBAM is a good backup that runs great right along side of it. And, on top of it all, MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) jumps up whilst surfing and someone tries to get ahold of you. All 3 are good barriers. Can´t go wrong and can´t beat the price.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Personally it seems like SAS doesn't detected malware very well, but is able to find browser cookies and the other smaller stuff. Malwarebytes seems to do a much better job but another thing is that malwarebytes is better at detecting when you are already infected and not preventing the infection. However malwarebytes have come a long way since their launch and I think it has made significant improvements since then compared to SAS. Another thing that is weird to me is that you have all the real time protection enabled but did you run a scan with them? Sometimes the processes are not being used and therefore does not get scanned by real time protection, but will get picked up when you do a full system scan. Especially bitdefender because I find that it has quite a powerful behavioral blocker.

You might also want to run more scanners to make sure that SAS isn't just pulling FPs from it's pockets.

Reactions: Koroke San
R

Ray Redbad

The BEST system combination (Windows 7) that exists, in my opinion, is what I have installed and nothing can get past you. And, if you want, it´s all free! MSE...MBAM...and MBAE. MSE is OK alone but sometimes OK is not enough. MBAM is a good backup that runs great right along side of it. And, on top of it all, MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) jumps up whilst surfing and someone tries to get ahold of you. All 3 are good barriers. Can´t go wrong and can´t beat the price.
MBAM Free is not a barrier, it offers no protection whatsoever. MBAM Premium features their Malware Protection. Period.

MBAE Free offers superb anti-exploits but only for the supported applications. T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶e̶r̶ a̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ , but you need to make sure you run the covered apps, i.e. u̶s̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶M̶e̶d̶i̶a̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶
V̶L̶C̶,̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶a̶m̶p̶ ̶o̶r ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶T̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶m̶e̶d̶i̶a̶ ̶ Oops: Free version protects only Java and the supported browsers. (Edit: 06/19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ink

mecanicogolf

Level 1
Jan 7, 2015
I have changed everything to the PRO versions. What else do I need to protect me (if there is something else I should have)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.