SuperAntispyware Pro Vs Malwarebytes Premium

Product name
SuperAntispyware Pro
Pros
  • Found and cleared malware from my system which already had malwarebytes Premium.
CONS
Scanning takes a lot of resources.
BOTTOM LINE
Superantispyware has a better detection rate for sure.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I have changed everything to the PRO versions. What else do I need to protect me (if there is something else I should have)

Both Superantispyware and MBAM? Rather go to MBAM in terms your second layer to your current AV.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
SAS seems to have fallen behind, kinda like Spybot did. I'd download the free version for on-demand scanning of a suspect system in addition to other tools in the arsenal.

I like MBAM as its own thing, more for blocking adware than actual security.

One cannot, with reason and prudence, run MSE: it is the baseline for which all other AV software is compared; it is the zero that's better than nothing. It is also slower, so, literally, anything would be an upgrade in detection and performance. There are plenty of top-shelf freeware upgrades.

My test of MBAE went like this: it knocked out my AV and generated a false positive (it saw Foxit Reader attacking itself o_O). If you're concerned that much about exploits, use a VM (not a sandbox, an actual VM) for your thin-ice-browsing or use EMET.

What else to run? An adblocker. Most malware can be avoided like this: don't click on e-mail links, don't click on ads, don't click on unverified downloads. Ads are annoying anyway and it boggles me how many users don't look to block them (broadcast television mentality I suppose). I switched from uBlock Origin to Adguard because the former broke web sites. I switched from Adblock because it is noticeably slower.

Virustotal Uploader is a nice little dealie for on-demand scanning of a file. herdProtect is nice for en-masse scanning.

Windows Firewall is no less secure than third-party firewalls. It protects many a business machine as it is the same enterprise-grade firewall. If your firewall got circumvented, it doesn't matter which firewall you use. Clever malware isn't going to try to open ports itself anyway.

Justin Reed

Jun 27, 2015
I use Webroot, Malwarebytes and then run SAS. It finds tons of tracking cookies the other two leave behind. Webroot repaired my machine is 30 minutes. All back to normal running fast! It is well worth purchasing and it covers 3 machines.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.