Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

"In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device, and in this case you will need a way to prevent the problematic driver or update from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows Updates are installed."

This tool can be used on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Insider Preview.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@hjlbx I saw your previous post about Hiding Updates not working. I have only seen the ability to hide Drivers/Hardware updates.

How the Support Tool can be used, for example, failing driver.

upload_2016-6-16_12-23-5.png

H

hjlbx

I used wushowhide. It still didn't work. I uninstalled and hid the updates using the utility, but Windows Update still downloaded and reinstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.