Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Antimalware
Firewall security
About custom security
Emsisoft antimalware configured for max protection.
Glasswire pro configured as ask to connect so that everytime when a new service connects to the Internet it’s ask for the permission.
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro full version.
Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google chrome as default browser with ublock origin and privacy badger light and simple.
Maintenance tools
Revo Uninstaller pro
Glasswire pro (lifetime)
7zip
File and Photo backup
External Hdd
Onedrive
System recovery
Maricum Reflect
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Custom build.
CPU-I3-2100
Mobo- ASUS-P8h67-MLX
Ram- 8gb
HDD-500gb
Graphics Card- NVDIA GT630

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Hello this is my security setup for 2020. All these things I have learned from here thanks to this awesome MalwareTips community and the supporting members. Also due to this I have become very much aware about the Internet that’s why I have kept my security light because I know what I am doing while browsing. Thanks to the regular updates on new security threats this helps me a lot to tackle them and become aware.

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Yes, basics are covered.
Since he use Windows 10 Pro, i will recommend to research and learn about Group Policy and the built-in security of Windows 10, it will help to tighten the OS a bit more.
Yes sir I will see to it. All the knowledge that I have acquired about cyber security your posts have made a significant contribution to it thank for writing so detailed post.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.