Compare list
Comodo internet security
Anything else? What

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
hello, need suggestion for mine new device.
i have tried a lot of security products, but dont know-how what to choose. I need to have most lightest security product. For not slowing the computer.
what should i look for ? Maybe its time to try comodo ? Or something else?
thanks to all suggestion and advice for what should i look for.

No avg nor avast please

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
i have tried a lot of security products, but dont know-how what to choose. I need to have most lightest security product. For not slowing the computer.

No avg nor avast please
Hi,
You can look for F-Secure or Eset. My advise without a doubt would be F-Secure.
Comodo its for security geeks mostly but you can use the CS config. And as for performance its heavy on average systems, as per security, the av forget but is strength is on containment.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020

No avg nor avast please
Free or paid?

Reactions: Venustus and Filipe

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Lightness varies from system to system in some cases. Like the two AVs suggested by other users above doesn't run well on my system. F-Secure runs terribly on my PC and Trend Micro has app launching delays.
The AV that runs light on my system are ESET, Bitdefender, Avast/AVG, Kaspersky (except web browsing), Microsoft Defender (except CPU heavy tasks), Panda Free (Worse protection).
So try the products on your system suggested by members here and decide what works the best for you.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Hi,
You can look for F-Secure or Eset. My advise without a doubt would be F-Secure.
Comodo its for security geeks mostly but you can use the CS config. And as for performance its heavy on average systems, as per security, the av forget but is strength is on containment.
How is comodo heavy ?
It's way lighter then ESET Wich is light by itself

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Do you install a lot of different software and or get some from shady sources ?
if so ESET and Kaspersky is my recommendation for low false positive and mostly silent
Else any default deny like comodo but any unknown software to the cloud with comodo will be isolated so it requires manual operations at times
Basically default deny is great for security bad for usability in some systems where many unknowns software to the cloud is installed frequently

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
For CS settings set comodo on proactive disable hips , set firewall to block and not notify as well as container to auto restrict any unknown program for extra mitigation you could remove some of the trusted venders but other then Chinese ones I don't really do much other changes

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.