Solved svchost.exe problem!

cecanima

Thread author
Mar 8, 2016
Started a couple of days ago. It makes couple of svchost.exe processes that eat a huge chunk of my resources. I have been trying everything to fix it and even formatted my computer and here it is again. Since the format, I found a web post by one of your members I guess regarding the same matter, written in a couple of steps. I followed them thoroughly but they didn't help. So, as at the end of the page was a note saying that if the steps didn't help, thread should be started on this forum. So here I am.

As mentioned before, I found a post by what I think is a member of yours, listing a few steps on how to remove svchost problem, but they didn't help, so I am starting a thread here. A couple of minutes before writing this, I tried to edit the permissions of the .exe file that is starting this process. At first I was denied access, then I edited the ownership of the file and edited the permissions after that. I think it didn't really solved anything as I still have many svchost processes runing with the top resource consumer eating 150mb of memory. One thing I noticed is that before I changed the permissions, a thing called TrustedInstaller had all the permissions of the .exe file and yesterday I followed a tutorial on youtube on how to remove TrustedInstaller as it appeared to be a malware.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    142.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    28.6 KB · Views: 2

cecanima

Thread author
Mar 8, 2016
Thank you for your reply, sir!

Well, I didn't remove it. I just renamed it. Should I get it back, I know how?

There was a process named TrustedInstaller and like the svchost consumed a lot of memory.
So if my pc isn't infected, then it's normal to have a few svchosts to consume 150~300 mb of memory each, right?

Thanks again!

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
If you have Windows Update running in background it could consume a lot of resources sometimes. You should return trusted installer.

cecanima

Thread author
Mar 8, 2016
I am getting trusted installer back then. The os was updating, as I formatted the pc earlier.

Thank you a lot, sir! It really did help!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.