Showcase Svoll's First PC Build

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It is fun to build a new machine and even more fun building one with your Dad :)
It is a very nice machine especially for the price!
You also chose a very nice overclockable processor
You should get many years out of this PC.
Enjoy your new machine and thanks for sharing it :)

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Honestly, i think its special cause its my first PC, and also Can't remember a time my Dad and I did anything together. I am sure there are, but this one special moment stands out. Love My Dad! and he paid for everything =P not to mention 5 games of my choice. I selected Overwatch, witcher 3, gw2, BDO, and this is the police.

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I am certain ones with eXtreme CPU and 1080 would kill me in that competition. I will give it a try regardless. WIll Post back results! thanks for the sugguestion.

Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Mainly use it for games and school work (VMware), Photoshop, HyperV Server 2016, learning how to manage my classes computers and databases. Ever since I found this site, been testing a lot of new software and opening my mind up to different apps and programs. What can I say, before MT, my system is so open to attacks, I feel a lot better now with all the software I have tried and gotten thru MT giveaways!!!!! Especially Shadow Defender, can not say enough good things about that app, Love it.

@Vasudev , Tried XTU and I scored pretty low :(, managed a 3.9 OC without adding voltage. Kinda wary of OCing it as I need it to last me thru college. Screenshot of test results : BenchMarkXTU.png

Did a comparision online and what others are able to achieve with the 5820k is astonishing!!! Happy with stock speeds for now, runs my games and everything I throw at it with no hiccup.

XTU score of 1525 vs 2398 (Current Record) is not shabby for stock configs. =D I am placed in 1582th place, :)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.