Status
Not open for further replies.
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Welcome to MalwareTips! There is one thing that you could change with your setup. HitmanPro.Alert cannot replace a proper AV. It only includes anti-exploit and anti-ransomware mechanisms, and even then it's not that great at that. I would recommend getting Avast Free if you cannot get a paid AV, but if you can Kaspersky is great.

OS
Linux
@swapnil banta relax and don't hurry first know which product you're using first
I suggest you UAC always notify (Go to search bar > search UAC > Open Change user account control setting > Settings open and set UAC to Always notify
UAC notify you when an application trying to gain access/makes changes or trying to install
Add more on-demand scanner (Emsisoft emergency kit)
This will help you when you real-time protection misses something or you're not sure about the file it's infected or not.
soft Organizer, Glary Utilities is utility software, not on-demand scanner move both to Frequently used System Utilities
I think you're using Comodo firewall as you method above Firewall:3rd Party Firewall
And sanbox: Shade sandbox

Welcome to MalwareTips! There is one thing that you could change with your setup. HitmanPro.Alert cannot replace a proper AV. It only includes anti-exploit and anti-ransomware mechanisms, and even then it's not that great at that. I would recommend getting Avast Free if you cannot get a paid AV, but if you can Kaspersky is great.
Add suggested AV
Move Hitman pro to on-demand scanner

Last edited:

Exterminator

Super Moderator
MalwareTips Staff
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I edited your config as soft organizer & Glary utilities are not on demand scanners but system utilities.
I am assuming you are using Windows defender & Comodo firewall? Thread edited there also.
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
Thanks for sharing your config :)

D

Deleted member 65228

Glary Utilities is utility software, not on-demand scanner
I thought they had an on-demand malware scanner? I used Glary Utilities a few years back and I thought they did. Of course I didn't like it though and we know they are not a "security" company even if I am right and they do offer one... :/

I recommend you follow advice about UAC/SS/on-demand scanner/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.