Basic Security Syafiq's Security Config

browneylad

Level 2
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
Syafiq the beta softwares you install are for the real system & not VMware? Its probably for people with a good old technical knowledge & things. I am tempted about trying out free betas but I don't have that kind of know how so it won't be recommendable... :oops:

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
@browneylad Yes, it's on production system, although I didn't recommend to install any BETA softwares on production system. I'm not kind of advanced user, I just want to try that BETA softwares because of my curiousity. NVT EXE Radar are currently in 'stable' beta version, I'm not experiencing bugs on that software even it's in BETA. :)

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
UPDATE !
Installed :
-
Windows 10 16299.125
-Emsisoft Anti-Malware
-Norton Safe Web

Removed: -Windows 8.1
I lost all of my partition(including Windows 8.1) during the installation process of Kubuntu :p. Because I just had Windows 10 installation media on my USB FD, I installed Windows 10 on my machine:)

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I lost all of my partition
I lost 2 of my partitions during the installation of ubuntu! well, I wish Hiv for them because the installation is not clean(at least it need a lot of knowledge about the file system formats and harddisk mechanics).
Microsoft already provided a lot of well-documented help files and photos!ubuntu website cant help you...but good os.

Reactions: Syafiq

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Ok, UPDATE !
Removed :
-LastPass Free
-LibreOffice 5.2.2
Added :
-Bitwarden
-WPS Office 2016 Business(WonderFox giveaway)
-AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional(Bitsdujour giveaway)
-Process Lasso Pro(WonderFox giveaway)
Wow, there is a lot of giveaway software here :p

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
A few update.....
Switched to Mozilla Firefox 58.0.1 :)
Added Virustotal Uploader 2.2 BETA

Last edited:

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
UPDATE !
RE-ADDED : Emsisoft Anti-Malware
ADDED : Hard Disk Sentinel(from a giveaway)
REMOVED : KIS Trial ( I got a KIS license key for free from a giveaway, i will use KIS again after my Emsisoft license expires... Maybe) :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.